Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Manager to go?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mackey would be good for West Brom, my money is on Chis Powell.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Wouldn't be surprised to see Malky Mackay walk out on Cardiff, or more specifically the owners.

The way the axe has been so ruthlessly wielded over the last few days I can see managers like Big Sam, Chris Powell and Dougie Freedman being the next to go.

I wonder at what point Holloway will be tempted back into management.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Would that cheeky west country wit be compatible with the Italian owners at Watford, I'm not sure.

Plus would any Club with aspirations to the Premiership be confident in Holloway, seeing how he so quickly jumped ship at Palace when the pressure got to him?

How about Di Matteo for Watford - Italian connection and all that (assuming he doesn't go to WBA or Spurs?)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Other managers not looking safe must include:
Hughton
Lambert
Not sure if West Ham can afford to sack big Sam?
Chris Powell
Not convinced that Jose will make the season either!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Us football supporters demand instant success these days.

Personally speaking, if Huddersfield gain a corner in the first 45 minutes on Saturday, I certainly wouldn't expect Oscar on the touchline in the 2nd half.

Just the way it is I,m afraid.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised to see Malky Mackay walk out on Cardiff, or more specifically the owners.

The way the axe has been so ruthlessly wielded over the last few days I can see managers like Big Sam, Chris Powell and Dougie Freedman being the next to go.

I wonder at what point Holloway will be tempted back into management.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mackay wasn't there in January, but funds for the new manager were. It smacks of them trying to get rid of him without sacking him.

Heard a snippet on the radio earlier about Holloway having a place near Watford, so he could end up replacing Zola...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
He has taken 2 teams up from The Championship to the Premier so perhaps they will think that he can do it a 3rd time.

Ah yes, but the difference now is how rapidly the pressure got to him and his public admissions that he wasn't up to it anymore. But I suppose if your priority is purely to get to the Prem and not worry thereafter - then Holloway is your man.

If he gets you to the £120m windfall then I suppose you would turn a blind eye to his spectacular fall from grace at Palace.

I'd be interested to hear him answer that question at a managerial interview.

Finally if he suddenly rocks up at another Club so soon after walking out on Palace having supposedly taken a £2m pay off because he couldn't handle the pressure I think Palace fans would be entitled to ask why - or maybe they would have, but for the turnaround started by Millen and Pulis.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mackay, the place looks a nightmare. Think the latest conflicting statements coming out of the club could see him walking (running)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Us football supporters demand instant success these days.

Personally speaking, if Huddersfield gain a corner in the first 45 minutes on Saturday, I certainly wouldn't expect Oscar on the touchline in the 2nd half.

Just the way it is I,m afraid.

:thumbsup: Right on, zero tolerance. Get AVB in.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
On match days all clubs will have 7 substitute managers.....but .......only 3 changes will be allowed during the 90 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here