Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zola Leaves Watford

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Spurs or West Brom?!?!? Can't see him being popular at WHL, and to be honest, is West Brom much of a bigger club than Watford?

Dec 29, 2011
Yesterday I was pondering if AVB or Zola would go first, wasn't much in it in the end. Another two places for Garcia :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oscar shooting up the longest serving manager's charts now

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
He hasnt been sacked.

Certainly wont go to Spurs.

Yes - resigned. Reading his statement through the link above shows what a decent bloke he is, and I don't think he will be rushing in to something else.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a TV gig here or in Italy, especially with the world cup next year.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
From Gianfranco Zola to all Watford supporters:

I am writing this today with a very heavy heart and after a lot of consideration, to tell you that I have resigned from my Head Coach position at Watford.

First of all, this decision has not been made quickly. I mentioned after the game on Saturday that I wanted to think about things overnight and that is exactly what I have done.

I must place Watford Football Club first in my thoughts and it is for this reason that I have taken my action.

I feel that it is in the best interests of the team that somebody new is given the chance to bring the success which we have all hoped for and worked very hard for.

It is for a variety of reasons, and not just over one matter or one moment, that I feel this is the right decision for me, in the best interests of the club - and I know I can trust you, the supporters, to respect my decision fully.

Last season was such an amazing time, for the players, the staff and the supporters. And I loved that journey. Every minute of it brought a new challenge, different experiences and a lot of learning.

I have had supporters tell me that the Leicester game in May was the most amazing moment in their time supporting their club.

I will always remember having been welcomed so warmly to this wonderful football club, to have been supported so fully and to have been able to share moments of excitement and joy that will always live with me.

But this game does not wait and does not stop. There is always the next challenge and a new environment ahead which means nothing is ever the same.

For now, I want to wish the players, the staff, the fans and everyone else who has Watford Football Club at heart my best wishes for the future.

It has been a privilege and a pleasure to serve this club and I am sure we will see each other again one day.

Best wishes,

Gianfranco

Read more at http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/131216-zola-resignation-1240083.aspx#geByfUJtJayG5z4k.99

That is how you do it Gus, with a little bit of dignity. You should have asked your mate for advice before acting like a ****.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is how you do it Gus, with a little bit of dignity. You should have asked your mate for advice before acting like a ****.

That is exactly what went though my mind as I read that message from Zola. Classy guy.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Amazing to think I was over last Christmas to see Watford steamroller us at the Amex. Vydra(sp) has been a big miss for them.

Zola always comes across as a decent, classy guy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That is exactly what went though my mind as I read that message from Zola. Classy guy.

Mine too. Zola has consistently shown more class than Gus could ever muster.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
fonz2.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here