Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City v Barcelona

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Barcelona don't look as impressive as they have done. I'd be betting on Man city.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
City were always going to be a nightmare draw for any of the top seeds. They may not really have done anything in Europe yet or even look particularly good when up against the top teams, but even if you're Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, you will know they have the players that on their day could beat you easily. I think you'd feel very disappointed to win your group and then draw a team containing Aguero, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Negredo, Kompany and Dzeko. On the other hand, for City it is a decent draw as they won't be under pressure as few will expect them to win, and they're playing a Barcelona team that isn't quite as good as it was.

I still make Barcelona favourites, but give them no better than a 60/40 chance.

This, basically.

Citeh have the ability to RUIN Barcelona at the council house. Don't forget, even a team as pony as Celtic managed to beat Barcelona last year.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
and drogba going back to Stamford bridge...

I hope he scores a hat-trick and celebrates every goal like hes just won the champions league

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Tough for Arsenal, can see Man C going through if they keep their form, others look likely to go through too.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
0-0.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As much as City are in form, it's difficult to compare their oppositions in the near past with Barca with a likely fit Messi and a settled Neymar and a dancing-feeted Sanchez. It's not an impossible task, but Pellegrini's insistence on being a force of attack will have to change if they're looking to outgun the classiest goal-machines still on the planet.
I don't fancy Arsenal's chances.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
City are 16-1 to win Champions league! Amazing odds

Dec 29, 2011
City are 16-1 to win Champions league! Amazing odds

The final isn't at the Etihad, therefore they won't win it. I imagine Barca would settle for a draw at Man City, it's not often you can say that about Barca. Will be a great tie, hopefully not on sky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here