Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS and Oscars plans

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
When CMS is fully fit where will he fit into Oscars plans and Style of play?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Certainly will fit into Oscars style of play more, as we mix it up more with Oscar, although whether he will be selected or not seen as we play 1 up top is another question....

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I think he will score a lot more goals!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I think Oscar will look at getting in better options than CMS.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Now back running and apparently said yesterday that he will be back in (full?) training in January so guessing available for selection in Feb?
Still a long way off :(

Jimmy Grimble

Impact sub I'd imagine. Just can't see him fitting into Oscar's first XI unless he's going to alter the shape of the side.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Now back running and apparently said yesterday that he will be back in (full?) training in January so guessing available for selection in Feb?
Still a long way off :(

Back playing competitive matches in Jan was his prediction on the podcast lat week.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That's great! Thanks.

My wife's favourite player - combination of hair ( :( ) and non stop playing style. I think he will do well for OG playing off Ulloa but will we change our one up front policy to accomodate him? My guess is that Ash is probably already trying to persuade OG that a front 2 is an option :lolol:

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Could be a fantastic impact sub option alongside Kaz.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bench with cameo appearances until proves he can be the main man. Will be 3rd choice so needs to impress when he finally gets game time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would imagine that CMS will play the same sort of role as Leroy lita has for us

Sit on the bench and not get on? Yeah, think you might be right actually. If it means the people on the pitch are doing the job, fair enough.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bench with cameo appearances until proves he can be the main man. Will be 3rd choice so needs to impress when he finally gets game time.

I wouldn't think he would be '3rd Choice' (though i get what you're saying with Leo & Barnes ahead), but more of a 'plan B' so if we need to stretch defences near the end of matches, or the opposition have slow defenders we can exploit etc.

I think he's still got a very big part to play, but not the one we thought when he first signed for us. In Leo & CMS it's a very exciting forward line, even if we don't see them together all that much.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Oscar will get the best out of Smiffy, Poyets style of play did not suit him.

Looking forward to seeing him back and playing under a different manager to see if he can reach his true porential, he is also pretty handy on the right wing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Tough one. On the one hand, I think (not sure if this is accurate but that's the way it seems) that we create more under Oscar, so that should suit CMS.

On the other, we're pretty much committed to the 4-5-1, and I just can't see where CMS would slot into that formation.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Tough one. On the one hand, I think (not sure if this is accurate but that's the way it seems) that we create more under Oscar, so that should suit CMS.

On the other, we're pretty much committed to the 4-5-1, and I just can't see where CMS would slot into that formation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd love CMS to be able to slot into the team but I fear his balls skills are not good enough for our style :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here