Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Huddersfield

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
For me one of the most interesting team selections Oscar has to make so far this season....

With Greer, Kuszczak and Buckley likely to be available for selection, Ulloa making his return at Middlesborough and with Conway returning to Cardiff there will certainly be at least one change this Saturday.

For me I can only see him making the two changes Lua Lua to replace Conway and Kuszczak to replace Brezovan.

-------------------------- Kuszczak -------------------------
Bruno ---------- El Abd ----------- Upson ----------- Ward
David ------------------- Bridcutt ----------------- Lua Lua
------------- Crofts --------------------- Ince --------------
-------------------------- Barnes ----------------------------

Last edited:

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
For me one of the most interesting team selections Oscar has to make so far this season....

With Greer, Kuszczak and Buckley likely to be available for selection, Ulloa making his return at Middlesborough and with Conway returning to Cardiff there will certainly be at least one change this Saturday.

For me I can only see him making the one change Lua Lua to replace Conway.

As good as Brez has been in the last two games I can't see Kuszczak not returning if fit. Someone has to replace Conway and that will surely be either Kaz or Buckley. My guess would be Kaz. Greer could return but I think El And may jet retain the shirt. . Only other possibility is a start for Ulloa and I think thats to early. I think he will be brought back very gently. So I agree with you. In fact I could have just said "I agree"!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brezovan has done reasonably well for two games but there is more than enough evidence from the last few years to know the next calamitous meltdown is never far away. Playing him for two games without a mistake is already pushing our luck, I fear three or four matches would almost certain result in a points-losing scenario.

I would be happy with Kazenga in for Conway and the obvious change in goal, along with Leonardo and Buckley on the bench. That would be one hell of a squad.

Is Orlandi close to a return as well?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ulloa to start. Lets have our best players on the pitch for as long as possible.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Ulloa to start. Lets have our best players on the pitch for as long as possible.

sigh.....a player needs match minutes áfter a long lay off.....not a whole game.....this is how sharpness and intensity works.....slowly.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
sigh.....a player needs match minutes áfter a long lay off.....not a whole game.....this is how sharpness and intensity works.....slowly.

Sigh...so play him from the start and give him 60-70 match minutes instead of 20. He's easily our best goal scorer, even at 80%.

That bloke with the dodgy barnet who ran the show for Bournemouth hadn't played in 10 weeks or something. He looked sharp enough.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They have been playing 3-5-2 which will challenge our ability to build through midfield. KLL's pace out wide is going to be important. Cant see us changing our set-up so Barnes is going to take a battering although with Lynch missing (their fans rate him as their best defender this season) there could be something for Crofts and David to exploit if we can get forward quickly. To be honest I would like to see Buckley start in place of David but I think the OP is right and he will be on the bench at best and in fairness David proved his worth last time at the Amex. I would also like to see March on the bench in case we need width and pace if we are chasing the game late on.
Vaughan/Paterson pairing up front is more than useful so reckon we will need to score at least two goals to win. They may only be mid table but they have a good young manager and will present a fair test.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They have been playing 3-5-2 which will challenge our ability to build through midfield. KLL's pace out wide is going to be important. Cant see us changing our set-up so Barnes is going to take a battering although with Lynch missing (their fans rate him as their best defender this season) there could be something for Crofts and David to exploit if we can get forward quickly. To be honest I would like to see Buckley start in place of David but I think the OP is right and he will be on the bench at best and in fairness David proved his worth last time at the Amex. I would also like to see March on the bench in case we need width and pace if we are chasing the game late on.
Vaughan/Paterson pairing up front is more than useful so reckon we will need to score at least two goals to win. They may only be mid table but they have a good young manager and will present a fair test.

The Leicester game proved if we are on our game no one can live with us.

Agree Hudds will be a stern test and we'll have to play well to win. They have lost 2 in a row though and are slightly off the pace so should be there for the taking.

Brez deserves to keep his place but as TCB says, he will cost us points its just a case of when .

Ulloa on the bench for me and give him 30 + mins. Basically return him to the side the same way we handled Bridcutt (Providing Ulloa is making an impression)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Vaughan being back for them is a big difference but so pleased with Adam's form coming back in. Only 2 games but possibly playing his best ever all round

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
my team would be this and i wouldnt bring back greer i would make him work for his place in the team

big pole if fit
bruno elabd upson ward
bridcutt ince crofts
lopez barnes lua lua
subs
brez ulloa and 5 others

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

For me I can only see him making the two changes Lua Lua to replace Conway and Kuszczak to replace Brezovan.

With the exception of Germaine returning to his rightful place in the side as captain and replacing Adam, I think this could well be his selection.

For me though l would replace Bruno with Calde.

As for the possible return of Buckley, I'd like to see him join Accrington Stanley on loan, with a view to a permanent move when the transfer window opens next month.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I would play:

Kuszczak
Bruno
El Albd
Upson
Ward
Bridcuttt
Ince
Crofts
KLL
Dave
That Man

Agree with the obvious challenge that Vaughan poses and loved that 'extra level of intensity' that El Abd brings to the team. Would be happy with Buckley in place of KLL. If Ulloa is looking for match fitness then he's a cert, IMO.

But the most important part of the team for me now are our midfield pairing; the ROCKS, the TITANS, the GLOIATHS that are Ince & Bridcutt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here