Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AVB sacked

Dandyman

In London village.
For me in my generation the greatest was Danny Blanchflower. As for managers how about Bill Nicholson.

Two of the greatest people ever to have been involved in football.

Always liked this one from DB "Glenn Hoddle a luxury player? No, it’s the bad players who are a luxury."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Defoe has 1 goal in 2013

He has also missed 5 on on ones in the league this season, vastly over rated

He seemed to have no problem scoring in Europe this season ? He was nearly always dropped for the next domestic game which made PL goals more difficult.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He seemed to have no problem scoring in Europe this season ? He was nearly always dropped for the next domestic game which made PL goals more difficult.

Doesn't he have one goal in the last 26 league games?

Whereas in the I today Sam Wallanes said Soldado had "scored just 9 in 17 games". Just 9

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Well not really. You do realise someone ASKED him the question? He didn't just throw it out there.

He said: ‘It’s always flattering, but I just came here and I am concentrating here.’

Not really sure where the ego aspect is...

You'd almost think that people are obsessed with Poyet and want to beat him with any conceivable stick their minds can dream up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I remembered Defoe being in a right purple patch and scoring a phenomenal goal against West Ham where he ran from the halfway line.

Just having had a look, it was goal of the month for November last year.

I refuse to believe he has turned into a bad player since then.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
I remembered Defoe being in a right purple patch and scoring a phenomenal goal against West Ham where he ran from the halfway line.

Didn't Crouch get goal of the season last year?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Didn't Crouch get goal of the season last year?

But the Defoe goal showed all of his qualities in a combined moment of brilliance. It was the goal of a player in form.

Crouch's was obviously amazing. But it wasn't a goal which demonstated his form at the time. Iit was a one off WHACK. Defoes showed his pace, touch and finishing at that time. I can't fathom how he could have lost all those abilities since November.

Can't think of a better way of writing that but at least I know what I mean!

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
But the Defoe goal showed all of his qualities in a combined moment of brilliance. It was the goal of a player in form.

Crouch's was obviously amazing. But it wasn't a goal which demonstated his form at the time. Iit was a one off WHACK. Defoes showed his pace, touch and finishing at that time. I can't fathom how he could have lost all those abilities since November.

Can't think of a better way of writing that but at least I know what I mean!

I think Defoe's a decent player but he's not really a clever striker or one that looks good up front on his own and he is out-of-form at the moment.
I think he, like Kyle Walker, Dawson, Rose, Lennon are not players that should be starting in a team that is trying to achieve top four status.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Sorry, my mistake. Left out the league part.

He has started 4 league games this year and missed some howlers.

He is a player that looks good on highlights.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

No, he was a average player then as well, after that game he did his normal thing and vanishes for the rest of the same just after Xmas

He has never scored 20 goals in the premiership.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well not really. You do realise someone ASKED him the question? He didn't just throw it out there.

He said: ‘It’s always flattering, but I just came here and I am concentrating here.’

Not really sure where the ego aspect is...

Hang on, someone ASKED a former Spurs player about the Spurs job, and they gave a professional, sensible, mature answer.

WOW WHAT AN EGOMANIAC I HATE GUS I HATE MYSELF etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here