Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AVB sacked

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He looked utterly BEWILDERED on the touchline yesterday.

Totally failing to get anything like the best out of the players he's bought.

Although it helped Liverpool that they hadn't played a European game three days before.

Theres a suggestion that he didn't buy all those players

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
To persist with a 40 yard high line, with 10 men and already 2-0 or 3-0 down, was utter madness. It's not like liverpool were just going to thread through balls in behind time and time again for suarez and sterling to run onto...oh, wait. That's exactly what they were going to do. If a layman like me can predict what the tactic was going to be, I don't understand how AVB could stand there looking so hapless and confused. Nice beard mate, but a tactical genius you ain't.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I really want him to do well just to shut most of the media up who have been after him from day 1 after he replaced their beloved 'Arry.

But it seems he is just incompetent at that level. Feel sorry for him if he didn't sign the players though and losing Bale would massively hurt any team as he is a magnificent player.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How can you spend £100m and have a worse team :lolol:

If I was Jermaine Defoe I would have punched AVB for not playing me. Crazy.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Paul Lambert is the sort of manager Spurs need.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
To persist with a 40 yard high line, with 10 men and already 2-0 or 3-0 down, was utter madness. It's not like liverpool were just going to thread through balls in behind time and time again for suarez and sterling to run onto...oh, wait. That's exactly what they were going to do. If a layman like me can predict what the tactic was going to be, I don't understand how AVB could stand there looking so hapless and confused. Nice beard mate, but a tactical genius you ain't.

Sorry you are utterly WRONG! His beard is crepe.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If we had Defoe I can almost guarantee we would be top 3. Still a very capable PL striker have always liked him.

No composure. Does the hard bits well but makes the easy bits look hard. Portsmouth thought he was crap. A lot of spurs fans think the same too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Theres a suggestion that he didn't buy all those players

He's never to blame of course.

He must have some genius marketing guys behind him. To get 2 top premier league jobs with hardly any managerial experience behind him is truly incredible. Add to that he's never even played the game, not even at an amateur/pro level like Mourinho or Wenger, his standing in the game is astonishing. It's perhaps the biggest bluff ever pulled.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No composure. Does the hard bits well but makes the easy bits look hard. Portsmouth thought he was crap. A lot of spurs fans think the same too.

A lot of Brighton fans think Ashley Barnes is crap.

A lot of football fans don't know what they are talking about.

Defoe had a 1 in 2 goal record at Portsmouth.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
He's never to blame of course.

He must have some genius marketing guys behind him. To get 2 top premier league jobs with hardly any managerial experience behind him is truly incredible. Add to that he's never even played the game, not even at an amateur/pro level like Mourinho or Wenger, his standing in the game is astonishing. It's perhaps the biggest bluff ever pulled.

not really. assistant to mourinho, one of the greatest managers, who obviously saw something in him, as did bobby robson - i think these guys know more about the abilities of a manager compared to somebody off a footy forum

he was a manager at one of the low-end portugese teams, and got them out of the relegation zone and made the semis of the cup - he then smashed it with porto (albeit with a quality team, but dont forget he brought a lot of that quality into the club when he was there)

yes, he's not done well at any of the english clubs he's been at, but hes not the first and he wont be the last. hes done a hell of a lot better than some other players who go on to be managers, and im sure he will be a success somewhere else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here