Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray snubbing Sports Personality!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Disagree. He cares more about his pre season training than picking up awards. Proper sportsman.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Jesus - not this AGAIN. He made one comment IN JEST and has paid for it ever since. He's our most successful tennis player in years and I can't think of anyone more deserving of this year's award.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
why would he leave his winter training in camp in Florida where he is working to be fit for the new season to sit in an auditorium in Leeds for a few hours to pick up some tin-pot award

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He's in training camp! Interrupting his training schedule to come and collect an award in another country isn't going to help him have the maximum chance of being fit and winning the Australian Open next month, so he's right to give it a miss. Ian Botham and Steve Davis weren't there in person when they won the award either. No big deal really.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There's also going to be the whole "How can Andy Murray and personality be used together?".

Apart from the fact that the term personality doesn't stand for smashing bloke in this instance and I we don't see the real Murray anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a load of rubbish now anyway.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
never liked murray, don't care if he wins or loses, i don't feel any link to him really....he hates the english and is in the game for the cash.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
never liked murray, don't care if he wins or loses, i don't feel any link to him really....he hates the english and is in the game for the cash.

I can't be bothered to contest your point about him hating the English - that's been done to a death and you couldn't be more wrong.

He's quite clearly not in the game for the cash. Again, you couldn't be more wrong.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

No, he doesn't hate the English. It's pitiful that people still say this - during a World Cup, Scottish people will always say they want England to lose. It's a bit of fun. He was joking.

Nothing that he has ever said or done since would back up your claim that he hates us.

He's in the game for cash? What are you talking about? Tennis players, like a lot of sportsmen, are horribly overpaid, but to suggest that this is his motivating factor is pathetic, frankly. Like most, he's in it for the glory.

If he doesn't win tonight, the competition is a joke.

Dec 29, 2011
No, he doesn't hate the English. It's pitiful that people still say this - during a World Cup, Scottish people will always say they want England to lose. It's a bit of fun. He was joking.

Nothing that he has ever said or done since would back up your claim that he hates us.

He's in the game for cash? What are you talking about? Tennis players, like a lot of sportsmen, are horribly overpaid, but to suggest that this is his motivating factor is pathetic, frankly. Like most, he's in it for the glory.

If he doesn't win tonight, the competition is a joke.

Add to that with the fact he has openly asked for more equal pay in mens tennis, take some off the top and spread it out among the rest. Seems like his head+heart is in the right place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here