Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could this be the bet of the year ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brighton 40/1 to win the league and 1/4 a place, 1, 2 or 3. So we are if we ended up 3rd, it is 10-1 for that possibility. As we are presently only 7 points off 3rd with some major players coming back and 3 defeats in 18 league games this is a cracking bet. I for one am getting on LARGE. I also apologise as I realise me even mentioning this has probably torpedo'd our chances completely. Sorry and have a Merry Xmas. US

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thanks for consigning us to another year in the championship. I expect Paul Barber has already put a card in the post to you.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seriously chaps 10/1 to get that 3rd place at worst is a steal. I think the bookies are behind the curve with this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were 80/1, 2 weeks ago.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well it was but now you have shown your hand we're doomed

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
US: What's the best price on Ulloa at the mo, and are there any differences between the bookies on whether each way is for the top three or top four? He's only eight goals off 2nd and 3rd, and six goals off 4th at the mo. He was also looking mighty fine this afternoon.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
US: What's the best price on Ulloa at the mo, and are there any differences between the bookies on whether each way is for the top three or top four? He's only eight goals off 2nd and 3rd, and six goals off 4th at the mo. He was also looking mighty fine this afternoon.

McCormack has 16 and on target to get 30 at least. Ulloa has got 4. He will need to score a goal a game for the rest of the season to have a chance and is 80/1. Save your money.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Can't see 3rd as realistic sadly, 6-4th yes. 10-1 isn't that lucrative to me. I expect QPR, Derby, Leicster and Reading in finish strongly. Wigan and Forrest will improve too, and Burnley are in a good position (but I think they'll just miss out on the top 6).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm going to put all my winnings from the 'Darren Ferguson to be the next Albion manager' bet that was hotly tipped here earlier this summer onto this one, thanks US!

Come May I expect to be up to my ears in hookers and cocaine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to put all my winnings from the 'Darren Ferguson to be the next Albion manager' bet that was hotly tipped here earlier this summer onto this one, thanks US!

again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The wife might have something to say about that !

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Agree with all you say and wagered the kids' Christmas money on a top 6 finish yesterday. It's not 10/1 but a very generous 5/2. If you look a bit harder, apparently 3/1 is on offer. It's not guaranteed of course but true odds probably evens, if not shorter. if it all goes wrong She won't talk to me for months.

Win win as they say :cheery:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Brighton 40/1 to win the league and 1/4 a place, 1, 2 or 3. So we are if we ended up 3rd, it is 10-1 for that possibility. As we are presently only 7 points off 3rd with some major players coming back and 3 defeats in 18 league games this is a cracking bet. I for one am getting on LARGE. I also apologise as I realise me even mentioning this has probably torpedo'd our chances completely. Sorry and have a Merry Xmas. US

We have averaged 1.8 points per game over the last 10 games so to keep up with that form we should end up on 78 points, which is about third place and a point or two off automatic promotion.

A bet on winning the league 1/4 place wouldn’t take too much of a stretch of the imagination considering Reading were 12th and on 27 points at 20 games in the season they won promotion.

Last edited:

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex

Which bookie is this with? Just been to an odds comparison site,& I can't see 1/4 odds for a place with any of then,just 1/5.
Skybet actually go 50/1 btw...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
McCormack has 16 and on target to get 30 at least. Ulloa has got 4. He will need to score a goal a game for the rest of the season to have a chance and is 80/1. Save your money.

As you point out, top goalscorer is a right off for Ulloa. I was actually asking about an each-way bet, as he's only six behind those in fourth place. If he remains fit, and your predictions about Albion for the rest of the season come true, he'll be bagging a load of goals. Am I right in thinking that each-way @80-1 is effectively a 10-1 bet? If so, why is this so much worse than your B&HA for 3rd bet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here