Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Ulloa and Bridcutt's injuries had a positive impact on our chance of getting promoted

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
In the sense that it has put off potential suitors?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I pretty much think Liam is going next month, annoying however if he can get paid better and play at a higher level then good luck to him.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
bearing in mind the 'potential suitor' for bridcutt is our old manager who was with him everyday for over 3 years; unfortunately I highly doubt it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They will the subject of many scouting reports for lower Premier clubs it really depends on the value TB places on them as opposed to the gain of promotion and if they can find ready made replacements, of which I think Ulloa will be the most difficult, as there are more defensive midfielders available at a reasonable price.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What do we perceive the value of Bridcutt bearing in mind no sell on clauses and all profit - £2 to £2.5 million in my view.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
One good thing, it brought Ince into the first team and he has proven to be fantastic. Don't like to say it but we can easily cash In on bridcutt

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What do we perceive the value of Bridcutt bearing in mind no sell on clauses and all profit - £2 to £2.5 million in my view.

Hopefully we would get that its really dependant on when and who he goes to, desperate clubs will pay over the top during January because they are desperate but all the previous talk on here of £5m + IMHO is rubbish, but then again do we know how much the club value him at. If he helped get us promoted what is he worth then?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One good thing, it brought Ince into the first team and he has proven to be fantastic. Don't like to say it but we can easily cash In on bridcutt

Perhaps, but the biggest positive is that losing Bridcutt wouldn't be the end of the world now that we've discovered Ince

Not again.....

TOTALLY different players performing TOTALLY different roles for the team.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bearing in mind the 'potential suitor' for bridcutt is our old manager who was with him everyday for over 3 years; unfortunately I highly doubt it.

i remain very sceptical that Poyet would take the risk of making a move for Bridcutt when fighting relegation. he'll be after established names or those with premership experience. if he picks up untested players from the league below and they dont work out, he'll look bad.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The benefit for each of their injuries is in the experience-gaining of those who wouldn't have otherwise had the chance. The unearthing of Ince as a midfielder and for Croft to get match-winning and confidence-building gametime.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Injuries took the pressure off Oscar a bit, otherwise fans might have been on his back after middling performance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I were a player with suitors at the bottom of the Premier League, I really wouldn't want to be making choices now.
It seems like a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'.

We will have the set up and player facilities to die for, but no guarantee of stepping up.
They have top flight football with no guarantee of keeping it.

Its a tough call.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I pretty much think Liam is going next month, annoying however if he can get paid better and play at a higher level then good luck to him.

I don't think he'll go until the end of the season unless someone offers silly money. We turned down a bid of 5M for Buckley last January; why would we accept a 2-3M bid for a player that could help us have another crack at the play-offs?

A lot depends on Bridcutt and whether he wants to stay, but the chance of half a season in the Premier League may not seem as attractive as the promise of a transfer in the Summer (assuming we don't get promoted).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Edit - certainly not a point worthy of making twice.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Injuries took the pressure off Oscar a bit, otherwise fans might have been on his back after middling performance.
But if we didn't have the injuries, the performances would have been different.

If Bridcutt goes I'll be disappointed, and if it's for £2m I'll feel worse. We're not desperate for £2m, and it will cost us points if he goes. We'll never reach the premier league if we let our best players go without a lot of money.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was reported by Naylor after the window had ended.

Fact or speculation in a newspaper only a few know the truth. I find it hard to believe that he was worth £5m and even more so that PB and TB would turn that sort of offer down with the profit it would have bought us on our initial investment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fact or speculation in a newspaper only a few know the truth. I find it hard to believe that he was worth £5m and even more so that PB and TB would turn that sort of offer down.

If any club had offered us £5m for Will I am pretty sure we would have sold him, that is silly money in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here