Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas dinner. Advice etc.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Have 'Googled' it but with little luck. So we have the Turkey and the vegatables however what veg can you use and cannot have ? I like Broccoli never seen it at christmas dinner,can you have mash along with roast potato's ? How about cauliflower can you have that ? Sure all the sauces will be there,but what about a starter ? We are not into 'celeb stuff' idea's its just there seems that so much veg is never used i/e for a Sunday roast we add small onions either steamed or roasted but never for a christmas dinner,what about Kale or other 'greens'. Really leave it with you. x.png

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you can't figure out a Christmas dinner you had best go buy one.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You have missed by point. We normally drink either red or white wine with or dinner,but is sherry or port and option ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The joy of Christmas dinner is that everyone prefers something different - there IS no right or wrong.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You have missed by point. We normally drink either red or white wine with or dinner,but is sherry or port and option ?

What are you blabbering about man ? Just cook a Turkey + trimmings + vegetables of choice + drink whatever you want to drink...simples.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Traditionally the veg is Sprouts carrots and peas to go with the roast tatties but I cant see why you cant have whatever you like. At any roast my wife does Swede and to me a roast isnt complete without beans of some description either Runners or Broad from the allotment that I have frozen or at a push Butter Beans. For Sunday roast she usually includes Cauliflower with either Bechamel,(white) or cheese sauce but as you say she doesnt for Christmas dinner.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have 'Googled' it but with little luck. So we have the Turkey and the vegatables however what veg can you use and cannot have ? I like Broccoli never seen it at christmas dinner,can you have mash along with roast potato's ? How about cauliflower can you have that ? Sure all the sauces will be there,but what about a starter ? We are not into 'celeb stuff' idea's its just there seems that so much veg is never used i/e for a Sunday roast we add small onions either steamed or roasted but never for a christmas dinner,what about Kale or other 'greens'. Really leave it with you. View attachment 49521

Before you get completely in over your head i suggest for your own sanity you give up now and book a table at your local Toby Carvery.
On second thoughts dont,the vast array of choices that will need processing may be overwhelming.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Have whatever you want to have. I don't see the point in copying what you see in a picture if you don't like half of it!

Our Christmas lunch will be roast lamb, roast & mashed potato, Yorkshire puds, cauliflower cheese & then whatever veggies we get this weekend. Bit of a mish-mash but I know none will be wasted.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm thinking that the OP may have started his Christmas drinking a little early. All roasts are variable feasts. There are no restrictions on veg.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just man up and cook SPROUTS.

Food of the Gods

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here