Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player Radio Match Commentary

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Hello Insider. I appreciate this is currently out out of the clubs control, however, the commentary service is now so bad that perhaps the club should be considering its future options?
The service cut out for approx 15 mins in the second half (Upsons goal was missed) and was intermittent throughout. It is a common problem and the feed back on North Stand Chat tells its own story. I complain constantly to the suppliers but there has been no improvement in the service whatsoever. In fact, I would suggest it has deteriorated. There is currently no alternative for those living overseas or out of Radio Sussex range. I am sure the club would be able to provide a superior service and in turn obtain another revenue stream. There is certainly a demand for such a service. I do not expect an instant solution, but please can you reassure me and other frustrated customers/fans that plans are afoot by the club to provide a service that is fit for purpose. Cheers.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
From next Saturday we will have a back-up stream run independently from Perform. We will run it for every game, and we will publicise the link if the Perform stream fails. Apologies for yesterday's shambles - but as you point out if we were running the service I would be confident it would be reliable. So it is equally frustrating for us. Once again Paul Barber has raised this with the FL's and Perform's CEOs and he's pleaded with the FL to demand that Perform invest some time and resources in resolving this issue. As of last night Perform were still unable to explain why the feed is intermittent, or why it drops out. This is hugely frustrating, as we just want answers, but we will keep trying to resolve this, however futile it seems, but in the meantime we've invested in our own hardware to run an independent stream of the commentary at all times, for the next time Perform's service is unreliable.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here