From those in attendance please

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Did'nt go,but listened to the Southern Country's broadcast...well done to M Upson and the rest of the team,...and very well done to the 380 odd fans who went...hope you enjoyed your pint....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
On poorly attended away games, sometimes people post some newspaper ratings.

Always used to love the News of the World dream team ratings on a Sunday, usually laughable.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
image.jpg

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Not exactly what you wanted but took this off one of their forums:

The first 20 minutes we were terrible and could easily have been 2-0 down, thing slightly improved after the but Brighton were still the better team. When they hit the post I was confused at what Ayala was doing as he was just looking at his man with his back to the ball. Second half we were by far the better side and a few tweaks like Butterfield occasionally playing LM with Carayol playing more central and occasionally drifting to the right flank to attack with Adomah. We looked far more assured as a unit at the back with Gibson coming on for Woodgate, despite Woodgate having a very good first half. We were very unlucky to lose how we did considering we were by far on top of them but our lack of creativity and not being clinical when half chances came back to bite us late on with their late goal.

Some ratings:
Given: 7- Made some good saves and catches.
Williams: (4.5)First half was awful defensively and got a new orifice torn by Conway. (7.5)Second half he got forward brilliantly and started to show what he can offer at RB.
Woodgate: 8- Was brilliant when he was on and bailed Williams out of a few mistakes.
Ayala: 6.5- A couple of bizarre moments marking players but other than that he had a decent game
Friend: 5- Poor defensively(as always). Put a few good balls into the box and got forward well a few times.
Adomah: 7- Had a decent game. Made a few good runs and got some good balls into the box that caused them problems.
Whitehead: 6- Got caught in possession in one very dangerous situation that nearly cost us a goal. Gave decent cover to CB's.
Leadbitter: 6.5- Didn't really create anything or do anything of note. Kept the ball moving as always but made a few mistakes.
Carayol: 6- Had a few good runs and got into dangerous positions but didn't really create much.
Butterield: 6.5- A few tidy touches in tight situations but like the rest of the team didn't create much.
Juke: 5.5- He should have buried Friend's cross in the first half. Them type of chances are bread and butter for players like him yet he headed it like a winger. Had some poor touches but worked hard. His performance just emphasised how much we missed Kamara.
Gibson: 7- Looked very assured when he came on with us defending higher up the pitch well.
Main: 6- Tried hard and caused a few problems but didn't look the answer to replacing Kamara either.
Williams: Wasn't on the pitch long enough.

Judging by what Karanka said after the game it sounds like he is sick and tired of our defence. The game will have sharpened his mind for a January defensive rebuild. Unfortunately promotion/playoffs are gone now so we need to focus on keeping up and moving clear of the relegation dogfight.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Great 3 points from a lacklustre performance. A draw was probably a fairer result, but we took our chance and Boro didn't. We started positively, hit the post and for about 20 mins it looked like we might take the game by the scruff of the neck. Boro looked poor. However we gradually seemed to lose concentration and the instinctive one touch footie we managed against Leicester seemed alien, although the conditions did not help. Boro gradually gained confidence and created several chances. Apart from a decent 25 yard shot from Ward that was tipped over by Given we showed little idea going forward in the second half and TBH our goal (well done Upson) was a surprise. We then had a late flurry of openings but the final balls were very poor. We still had to do some serious defending, often because we had given the ball away unnecessarily. A bonus to see Leo get 10 minutes on the pitch and although he looked understandably rusty, he did show a couple of great touches.

Both teams had to contend with a bouncy pitch and swirling wind which didn't help the one touch footie.

My player ratings are probably a tad generous, because of the result.
Brez: 7 - made a couple of good saves
Bruno: 6 - a mixed bag
Ward 6 - ditto. Caught out of position a couple of times which left space for their winger
El Abd 6 - did ok, his cross field distribution to Conway in the 1st half was almost Beckham-esque but gave away unnecessary fouls
Upson: 8 - another good game, received a nasty kick in the head but still got stuck in where it hurts, rewarded with a headed goal. My MoM.
Bridcutt: 6 - a mixed bag, his recent understanding with Ince wasn't there
Ince: 6 - a mixed bag, his recent understanding with Bridcutt wasn't there
Crofts: 6 - he works hard but tends to be invisible much of the time
Lopez: 4 - 1 shot on target otherwise a peripheral figure and bottled out of several challenges which allowed Boro to break forward
Barnes: 6 - it didn't happen for Ashley today, worked hard, got little service and the ball didn't run for him
Conway: 7 - Our most penetrative player, 1st half he saw plenty of the ball and caused Boro problems. OK he hasn't got stellar pace but is willing to take on defenders and is persistent.

Calde: 6 - did ok.
KLL: 5 - wasted a couple of really good openings at the end
Ulloa: not on long enough, but great to see him back.

I'll be interested to see how others rate the players because it was such a mixed performance

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Great 3 points from a lacklustre performance. A draw was probably a fairer result, but we took our chance and Boro didn't. We started positively, hit the post and for about 20 mins it looked like we might take the game by the scruff of the neck. Boro looked poor. However we gradually seemed to lose concentration and the instinctive one touch footie we managed against Leicester seemed alien, although the conditions did not help. Boro gradually gained confidence and created several chances. Apart from a decent 25 yard shot from Ward that was tipped over by Given we showed little idea going forward in the second half and TBH our goal (well done Upson) was a surprise. We then had a late flurry of openings but the final balls were very poor. We still had to do some serious defending, often because we had given the ball away unnecessarily. A bonus to see Leo get 10 minutes on the pitch and although he looked understandably rusty, he did show a couple of great touches.

Both teams had to contend with a bouncy pitch and swirling wind which didn't help the one touch footie.

Ward 6 - ditto. Caught out of position a couple of times which left space for their winger
El Abd 6 - did ok, his cross field distribution to Conway in the 1st half was almost Beckham-esque but gave away unnecessary fouls
Upson: 8 - another good game, received a nasty kick in the head but still got stuck in where it hurts, rewarded with a headed goal. My MoM.
Lopez: 4 - 1 shot on target otherwise a peripheral figure and bottled out of several challenges which allowed Boro to break forward
Barnes: 6 - it didn't happen for Ashley today, worked hard, got little service and the ball didn't run for him
Conway: 7 - Our most penetrative player, 1st half he saw plenty of the ball and caused Boro problems. OK he hasn't got stellar pace but is willing to take on defenders and is persistent.

I'll be interested to see how others rate the players because it was such a mixed performance

Your obsession with mixed bags? Did you ever work for Woolworths?

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
Agree with one exception.......

Bruno. I try not to be overly critical of players but every time they attacked on his side I thought I was going to have kittens. Oscar must have balls of steel to have kept him on the pitch.

Another difference. My mom was Conway. First half he always looked dangerous and they resorted to fouling him. Second half (until kaz came on when he switched) he was always looking to break but he and ward need to find some sort of understanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here