Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perfect end to a perfect day - STEAM TRAIN DUE AT PRESTON PARK STATION @18:10

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
you-are-a-gigantic-******.gif

edit: haha think the point is still made....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think HB&B is a train spotter , he should change his name to Nigel , Timothy doesn't suit him.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Now't wrong with that....
Me, the mrs and our 7 year old watched it go by the bottom of our garden.
Pulled by two steam engines. Always very atmospheric when they do this every December.
Much louder than the regular trains. Quite a sight.

theboybilly

I have to say that when I'm down my depot in Battersea there is no finer sight than a 'steamer' coming onto shed on a misty December night. These things are wonderful pieces of engineering and deserve all the love and attention they get from time-served enthusiasts. Try to get a footplate ride on one....you'll be hooked, or you've no soul

As a service to all of you who like steamy things, and to HB&B who seems to spend a worrying amount of time loitering round Preston Park Station, I post this link to a web site that details all uk steam specials. I note that today's was a Southend to Chichester and return trip hauled by the same two locos that passed through last Saturday. It even has a link to the timing - Preston Park seems to be the usual water stop for these journeys. Doesn't seem to be any more scheduled for this year.

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/trs13.htm

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
As a service to all of you who like steamy things, and to HB&B who seems to spend a worrying amount of time loitering round Preston Park Station, I post this link to a web site that details all uk steam specials. I note that today's was a Southend to Chichester and return trip hauled by the same two locos that passed through last Saturday. It even has a link to the timing - Preston Park seems to be the usual water stop for these journeys. Doesn't seem to be any more scheduled for this year.

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/trs13.htm

Is it okay on here to call them "Black 5's"?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was some sort of steam train event as we approached York on the adjacent track - loads on a bridge with cameras etc

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There are always people with cameras in and around york station, its a hot bed for train spotters.

I know but there a steam train of some sorts getting everyone ecstatic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here