Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny Cantor

Jimmy Grimble

Very reluctant to moan after a fantastic result, but Cantor is probably the worst radio commentator I have ever heard. Astonishingly bad. BBC Sussex need to get rid.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this judging by match threads.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I like him.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I don't think he is that bad, although I don't have many other commentators to compare him with.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't mind Cantor but we used to have a brilliant commentator in Andrew Hawes - thank all the wankers on here who hounded Hawes out :tosser:

It could be much worse, remember the bloke they had immediately after Hawes left, he could barely string a sentence together.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Cantor was absolutely God AWFUL when he first started, but I have grown to like him.

Jimmy Grimble

Maybe I'm being slightly too harsh, but I find the game so hard to follow with him. Scarcely uses players names and is poor at building an image of where the ball is on the pitch. Doesn't adapt his tone of voice very well either, IMO.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I think he's a good commentator - knowledgeable, decent sense of humour, doesn't love the sound of his own voice. Listen to some other BBC locals and you'll get an idea of poor they can be.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Dreadful. Didn't have a clue what was going on. Loved the way the first caller praised him, was it his mum?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here