Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rum & Shrub. Brandy & Lovage.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Does anyone still drink these? Marvelous drinks for the cold weather and especially around Christmas time.:whisky:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Add Port and Brandy to those, very nice.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Does anyone still drink these? Marvelous drinks for the cold weather and especially around Christmas time.:whisky:

I can clearly remember when I last drank both these potions.
I was on holiday in Cornwall and missed the 7 nil thrashing of Walsall,courtesy of Wardy and Spider.Heard the result on the radio and went back to the hotel to celebrate.
Saw these drinks that I wasn't familiar with ,and gave them a go.Enjoyed them but haven't drunk them since!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Just found, and immediately bought some Pussers rum. Rarely see it here. I seriously doubt if ive ever had a better rum. Not seen the one I bought today before, so looking forward to trying it this evening..Wouldnt be able to bring myself to mix it with anything though

109 proof; 54.5% Alc/Vol.

Attachments

• Pussers-UK-42-product-shot1.jpg
    Pussers-UK-42-product-shot1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 818
Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Alcoholic Shrubb and Lovage made by a company called Phillips is not stocked by many pubs these days. Another favourite at this time of the year and never sold at any other is Advocaat as in a snowball.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just found, and immediately bought some Pussers rum. Rarely see it here. I seriously doubt if ive ever had a better rum. Not seen the one I bought today before, so looking forward to trying it this evening..Wouldnt be able to bring myself to mix it with anything though

109 proof; 54.5% Alc/Vol.

Did the Royal Navy use that to run the ship's engines ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was never in the Soup but my mum was in the Wrens and she told me that the nearest to the rium issued to sailors was Navy Neaters

Never tried it to be honest, ive only ever known pussers, but if I see it, ill definitely try it..

http://www.pussers.com/t-rum.aspx
They bought the rights, and recipe blend etc from the Admiralty, and some money goes to the Royal Navy Sailor's Fund

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here