Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt found it so tough [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Bridcutt found it so tough[/h]5:00am Saturday 14th December 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2740435.jpg
Liam Bridcutt
Liam Bridcutt has revealed the agony of missing matches for Albion.
The stand-in skipper makes only his third start in four months at Middlesbrough today.
A combination of hernia surgery and recurrence of a pubic bone injury sidelined Bridcutt for 13 games.
The midfield star missed only eight Championship matches in the previous two seasons and was named player of the year both times.
Bridcutt told The Argus: “It’s probably one of the toughest things I’ve had to deal with. Since I’ve been at Brighton I’ve near enough played every game and trained every single day.
“To have an injury that stopped me from doing that was difficult mentally. I’ve had some great help from the medical staff.
“I knew it was only a matter of time before you are going to pick up injuries in your career. Touch wood this is my one done and dusted now.”
Bridcutt’s lengthy lay-off has made him keener than ever to become a regular again.
He said: “For me hunger never goes, because I always want to do the best I can, perform and play as many games as I can.
“It has probably given me that extra grit and determination to want it a bit more, because I’ve been out for a long time and it’s been hard for me sitting on the sidelines watching.
“I just can’t wait to get a good run of games now and see if we can progress.”
Bridcutt captains Albion at Middlesbrough, with Gordon Greer (calf) ruled out on his 33rd birthday.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here