[Official Site] David Back on Form

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
david-l229-1065450_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
00:00 14th December 2013
by Adam Tighe
I feel I’m playing better and I hope to maintain that until the end of the season"
David
Albion midfielder David Lopez believes he is now finding his best form again.
By his own admission David says his performances this season haven’t been what they could be, but the man dubbed 'Spanish Dave’ put in a superb display against Leicester City last week and is hoping for more of the same from now on.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I haven’t lacked confidence but things just hadn’t been coming off for me and I don’t really know why. Players have good patches and not so good patches and I wasn’t having a good time and I was fully aware of that.
“But I feel I’m playing better and I hope to maintain that until the end of the season. I thought it was my most complete game of the season (against Leicester) because I was able to help a lot.
“I was really happy especially as it was such an important match following the defeat against Barnsley.
“We had to bounce back, we took control early on and I was happy for the team and then for myself because things worked out better for me.*
“I believe it was the best game this season, especially because we wanted to change the image we gave against Barnsley, and we did that and people went home happy.”
After assisting two goals against the Foxes, David admitted he thoroughly enjoys providing for his team mates before urging the side to replicate last week’s display away at Middlesbrough this weekend.
“I like setting people up to score, I like looking for team mates and if it ends up as a goal it is so much better.
“There was really good movement by Ashley (Barnes) and Craig (Conway) and it made for two good goals.
“After a win like that you come back to training with a new attitude, a new spirit and now we need to continue what we have been doing when we go to Middlesbrough.
“It will be a hard game as they are a team who are always aiming for the top places in the table. Any team can hurt you – as Barnsley showed us - so we have to go out with the same attitude as last Saturday.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here