Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm drinking Sherry!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Making a big comeback in bars at the moment. Love a drop of decent Sherry.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Sherry at Christmas, good. Sherry in the morning outside the hostel. Bad

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I am a big fan of Manzanilla. Dry as a bone and salty reflecting its seaside origin. Needs to be chilled and it doesn't keep, once a bottle is opened, but great appetiser, particularly in the summer months.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am a big fan of Manzanilla. Dry as a bone and salty reflecting its seaside origin. Needs to be chilled and it doesn't keep, once a bottle is opened, but great appetiser, particularly in the summer months.

This is more like it. Sherry isn't just sherry. There are lots of different types of sherry such asManzanilla, Fino, Amontillado, Oloroso or the ubiquitous cream sherry which is what most people think of when they say 'sherry'.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm always surprised when I have a drop because it's really quite nice. We have Malmsey, Madeira (are these sherries? Can't be bothered to check the labels/internet) plus one or two others. Normally have a glass when the in-laws come over and we all joke about our age. Lovely scenes.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Watch out for Gout.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Next step, a nice Port

Yes, I skipped Sherry and went to Port about a year or two ago, I haven't looked back since, not surprising given the blinding headaches I keep getting.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm always surprised when I have a drop because it's really quite nice. We have Malmsey, Madeira (are these sherries? Can't be bothered to check the labels/internet) plus one or two others. Normally have a glass when the in-laws come over and we all joke about our age. Lovely scenes.

Madeira is usually described as a dessert wine, for after dinner chugging, alarmingly drinkable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here