Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next gen consoles

scoobieschmuck

Dec 11, 2013
Hi again guys,

I am going to invest in either the PS4 or Xbox One in the next couple of weeks...
I have no preference to either one now that the Xbox plays Bluray.

Can I have your opinion on them both from anyone that owns either console?

I will be using it mainly for gaming and movies.

Thanks guys and have a fab weekend.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I would go for PS4. There is a thread on here from a few Months ago with poll and people discussing pros/cons of each. On tapatalk so can't link it

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
grown men and consoles? .......//deep sadness and lack?

article-2329180-015B4495000004B0-510_634x448.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
:lolol: says someone up at 07:30 on a football forum with time to hunt down a suitable picture on t'interweb

i'm working on a few projects, and during a cuppa took 2 mins out to read some forums and bits - hardly a 70 hour game is it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Playstation for men
XBox for kids & Girls
More like:
Nintendo for kids
Playstation for teenagers
Xbox for adults.

If it's going in your living room, the Xbox is better. Being quieter than the PS4 it's more suitable as a living room device. Games will be great on both.
If it's to slot by your tv in the bedroom, the PS4 will fit in better.
I went for the Xbox, and it's excellent.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The Playstation 4 is more powerful and cheaper, the xbox is more expensive but has Kinect voice and motion controls if that matters to you or kids/wife.

But in reality wait 12 months, buy one next Christmas they'll be about £50 cheaper then they are now and there'll games out for them. There's literally about 20 games out at the moment and only another 6 or so to be released in next 6 months.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
The "my console is better than your console" guff really makes me laugh. I remember the kids arguing the same between SNES/Megadrive when I was about 8.

Now grown men are at it it seems. Just buy a console that suits you, they obviously both have their perks.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Anyone got any idea where I could get a PS4 before Xmas?? Thanks...

I kept checking stockinformer.co.uk , ended up getting one from Argos. It updates all the time so you can see where stores have either click and collect or available for home delivery etc. then you just have to jump in quick!

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I think the leap between the xbox 360 and the xbox one is far greater than that between the ps3 and the ps4. Although the Playstation has always been an amazing console and still is, there's nothing (so far) about the new Ps4 that has jumped out and grabbed me by the throat. With a gap of around 6 years between the ps3 and ps4, I was expecting to see some really jaw dropping stuff on the new ps4, but so far I haven't. I know it's only been out a couple of weeks and all that, but I have Madden 25 for example, which looks pretty much exactly the same as the ps3 version. Assassins Creed looks gorgeous on the ps4, but it looked gorgeous on the ps3 as well. FIFA 14 is clearly more impressive on the ps4 with better visuals, commentary and cut-scenes, but I'm not so sure any of it justifies paying out £350 to get slightly more polished versions of what were already good games on the ps3. I can't say much about the xbox as I've never owned one, but I have had a go on them. I've always believed that the Playstation was the superior machine, but I think with the new xbox one, Microsoft have managed to narrow the gap somewhat on Sony. Personally I would still go with the ps4 though, I am looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Little tip if you have PS+, you can log in to the Sony Entertainment Network and put the monthly free PS4 games through the checkout even if you don't have the console.

When you do get a PS4, all the games that have been free will be in your download history and available to download and play, even though they're no longer available.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Little tip if you have PS+, you can log in to the Sony Entertainment Network and put the monthly free PS4 games through the checkout even if you don't have the console.

When you do get a PS4, all the games that have been free will be in your download history and available to download and play, even though they're no longer available.

Thanks for that tip. I am looking to get the PS4 sometime in the new year, so will login to my account later and do that. Playstation Plus is cracking even on the PS3, £40 for a year and already had more than that back with their monthly free downloads, some cracking games discovered that I'd have never played otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here