[Official Site] Perry Nets Twice For Sussex

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
perry-l229-1128553_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:20 13th December 2013
by James Hilsum
It was really nice to score and there was some really good build-up play for the goals."
Sophie Perry
Sophie Perry scored twice for the Sussex Representative squad last night, as they edged out the Royal Air Force FA side with a 2-1 victory at Chesham.Perry’s goals either side of Zara McIntosh’s strike helped secure the win in a match that featured four Albion players, despite Charley Boswell, Kim Stenning and Kim Whitcombe being ruled out at the last minute due to illness.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “It was really nice to score and there was some really good build-up play for the goals.The first one was my favourite; we kept the ball nicely in midfield and it went out to Hollie (Wride), who put a good ball in and I just had to guide it with my head.”
“As a left or right-back I’m quite attacking and do quite a few overlapping runs anyway.* I used to play upfront when I was younger for Brighton and Sussex and recently I have been playing in central midfield so it is feeling more natural now, but as an attacking player I do enjoy going forward.”
Albion goalkeeper Charlotte Sole captained the side, while Rebecca Thomspon-Agbro and 16-year-old Kellie Larkin made up the Seagulls contingent.
It was Larkin’s second appearance for the Sussex senior team, and after playing alongside Albion first-team players she hopes it will be a good sign for the future.
She said: “I was happy to come off the bench after 20 minutes and was confident that I could perform well.
“I look up to them massively; they’re in the first-team and that’s where I want to play. I feel honoured to have played alongside such talented players.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here