Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
waine-l229-1195960_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:35 13th December 2013
by James Hilsum
I want us to play at a high tempo, but still remain calm when in possession."
John Donoghue
Albion women host Portsmouth this Sunday in what will the team’s final home match of 2013.John Donoghue’s side will be aiming to bounce back from consecutive defeats against Gillingham and Tottenham to maintain their title push going into the New Year.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The last couple of games have been testing in different ways; against Gillingham we met a team that was confident and strong in all departments and the Tottenham game was different as we had to push forward for a win. We were initially quite patient and created opportunities, but seemed to lack the cutting edge that has been present in previous games.”
“I will be looking for more responsibility from the players on Sunday, not only in their own game but by supporting others as well. I want us to play at a high tempo, but still remain calm when in possession.”
The Seagulls could give debuts to Mollie and Rosie Kmita who have recently signed from Tottenham, while goalkeeper Toni-Anne Wayne is also eligible to play after joining from West Ham. Charlotte Young could also make a return to the side.
However Renee Hector is a doubt going into the match due to a back injury and Charlotte Sole is unavailable to play.
The game takes place at Withdean Stadium this Sunday, 2pm kick-off and there is free entry for Albion season-ticket holders and under-16s. The price for non-season ticket holders is £2.
Next three fixtures:
15th December Portsmouth (H) League
22nd December Charlton Athletic (A) League
5th January Cardiff City (A) League

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here