Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread for old bar stewards, not you young whipper snappers!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Any old buggers going to see Quo tonight at the centre? Seemly 10cc are on as support, but not sure which one...gouldings or the other one.

Looking forward to a bit of loud rocking...haven't done a rock concert for ages.

Get in!

:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No thanks I could not face 30 different songs all around one cord different

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No thanks I could not face 30 different songs all around one cord different

Oi. 4 chords!

Good. We only want people wanting to enjoy themselves. Stay away misery!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I saw Quo at the Centre in 1982 on their XX anniversary tour, so 31 years ago!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I last saw Quo on my one and only visit to Selhurst. They were on their farewell tour at the time - 1984 I think it was. Phil Lynott was supporting.

Have you checked out Rick Parfitt's how to play YouTube videos ...he is a very accomplished guitarist. And not just a chord monkey some will have him be!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I last saw Quo on my one and only visit to Selhurst. They were on their farewell tour at the time - 1984 I think it was. Phil Lynott was supporting.

They were at the silver clef awards concert at Knebworth in 1990. I went to the bar while they were on and did the same for cliff richard. the rest of the show was great though!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Have you checked out Rick Parfitt's how to play YouTube videos ...he is a very accomplished guitarist. And not just a chord monkey some will have him be!

Not seen those vids, but yes, he is decent player. I know they have a corny reputation, but I'm sure they'll be good fun this evening.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes it is a rattling good show. I tend to come out deaf as a post as the noise is really crancked up!

Rock bands I have seen at the Centre and Dome:

Saxon
Blue Oyster Cult
Status Quo
Man ( a welsh band who were rediculously loud)
Iron maiden
Thin Lizzy ( Twice)
Queen ( If you can class them as Rock Bands)
Golden Earing
Wishbone Ash
Judas Priest

Looking forward to tonight!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yes it is a rattling good show. I tend to come out deaf as a post as the noise is really crancked up!

Rock bands I have seen at the Centre and Dome:

Saxon
Blue Oyster Cult
Status Quo
Man ( a welsh band who were rediculously loud)
Iron maiden
Thin Lizzy ( Twice)
Queen ( If you can class them as Rock Bands)
Golden Earing
Wishbone Ash
Judas Priest

Looking forward to tonight!

I saw Thin Lizzy at the Centre too, maybe 1980ish. Wish I could see them again.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Saw Quo at Knebworth supporting Led Zep 1979 (their last one I think) and at Wembley supporting Queen on It's a kind of Magic, great band to get everyone up and shifting those toes!!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Saw Quo at Knebworth supporting Led Zep 1979 (their last one I think) and at Wembley supporting Queen on It's a kind of Magic, great band to get everyone up and shifting those toes!!!

I was at the Wembley Queen/Quo gig too. Queen were quite astounding - wasn't particularly a fan before I went.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
anyone remember seeing wishbone ash at the Dome in about 1977ish?

Didnt like them before that concert and someone dragged me along and I was really impressed.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
anyone remember seeing wishbone ash at the Dome in about 1977ish?

Didnt like them before that concert and someone dragged me along and I was really impressed.

A couple of years before my time, but I remember by brother being into them, so he was probably there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A couple of years before my time, but I remember by brother being into them, so he was probably there.

Yes when I do these things occasionally I do realise how old I am:(

Anyone see Steelye Span at the Dome in teh 80's. The lead singer...maddie someone was as bonkers as a box of frogs.

Saw Judie Tzuke just after them ...she was bloody magnificent

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Any old buggers going to see Quo tonight at the centre? Seemly 10cc are on as support, but not sure which one...gouldings or the other one.

Looking forward to a bit of loud rocking...haven't done a rock concert for ages.

Get in!

:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

I'll be there Dave. Meeting a mate in Weatherspoons at 6.30. Fancy a drink? Text me if you fancy a meet up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here