Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent Pub for a meal in East Sussex

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi Peeps

If you are looking to go out for a meal and don't mind a drive, The Plough at Upper Dicker is superb and the food is top class restaurant standard. Went there last night for "winter nets and ladies night" with Lewes Taxes CC

The owner's chefs are all trained in London, one the ex sous chef of Marco Pierre White's restaurant in London and another chef trained with LeRoux.

The Mrs had the goats cheese souffle and I had a typical Yorkshire Pud, mash and sausages and they were both delicious.

Highly recommended:p

:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Hi Peeps

If you are looking to go out for a meal and don't mind a drive, The Plough at Upper Dicker is superb and the food is top class restaurant standard. Went there last night for "winter nets and ladies night" with Lewes Taxes CC

The owner's chefs are all trained in London, one the ex sous chef of Marco Pierre White's restaurant in London and another chef trained with LeRoux.

The Mrs had the goats cheese souffle and I had a typical Yorkshire Pud, mash and sausages and they were both delicious.

Was treated last Saturday to a meal at the Carvery on the A259 in Peacehaven, very nice and great veg to help yourself to, but the plates were cold...

Diella's in Seaford okay but very noisy.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The green man in Ringmer. Superb, as in the old Pelham Arms days.
The same people have got the Five Bells at Chailey now as well so that should be similar I'd wager.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hi Peeps

We've been there a few times, the food is superb and very reasonably priced.
I recommended this pub last week when someone wanted a Sunday meal out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Golden Galleon at Exceat.
Sussex Ox at Milton Street.
Plough and Harrow at Littlington. (Although not cheap)
The George at Alfriston.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd recommend either the Foragers in Hove or the Yeoman near Brighton Station.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What was the price of this tasty food ? - did it compare to standard pub prices or did the prices rise with the chance of a Michelin star ?

To be honest it was very reasonable...mine was around £12 and Karens £11. Didn't have a pud as it was a bit late but again around £5 to £6 each.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The Shepherd and dog at fulking used to be great. It might be a bit poncey now though looking at the website. I always like the Devils Dyke with the kids, not because its original or cheap, it's generic and expensive but you CANNOT beat the location or the walk afterwards. Especially on a clear winters day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Shepherd and dog at fulking used to be great. It might be a bit poncey now though looking at the website. I always like the Devils Dyke with the kids, not because its original or cheap, it's generic and expensive but you CANNOT beat the location or the walk afterwards. Especially on a clear winters day.

Royal oak, further up the road?

Anyone tried Checkers and Slougham....that is great too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here