Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's my club gone?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
sky.jpg

What the **** is that? Didn't know Murdoch owned our club. This is the homepage, I couldn't recognise it.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
That is rather terrible for a club's own official site. Luckily I never feel the need to use the site anyway, horrible design template

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Agreed, but if it brings another payment into the club, it gives us cheaper FACup tickets.
FFP innit

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Do people still use the official site?

I persevered for a while after the transition but gave up as the site was so poor - it's been months since I looked at it last.

The old site wasn't great but it was more usable than the current POS.

I now get everything I need to know here or on the bbc sport site.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Agreed, but if it brings another payment into the club, it gives us cheaper FACup tickets.
FFP innit

I can't see it brings in that much revenue. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'm only (trying) to use it for tickets but me and my mate are pulling our hair out trying to add each other to friends and family. We're both there on the list, but can't choose each other. The site has gremlins all over it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
i never look at it because the design is so awful - just gives me a headache and I can never find anything. Only reason I go on there is for tickets and player. Now it looks like we're owned by Sky.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Agree it's horrible.

But what really gets me is the promotion of betting everywhere. Without getting on a hobbyhorse, it is not a good thing.

I imagine other people will shoot me down, and it is OK if you can keep it as a bit of harmless fun, but when it heads to addiction...........

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
But what really gets me is the promotion of betting everywhere. Without getting on a hobbyhorse, it is not a good thing.

I imagine other people will shoot me down, and it is OK if you can keep it as a bit of harmless fun, but when it heads to addiction...........

More ad money to be made from various vices than pretty much anything else. If its not gambling it'd still be tobacco ads I'd guess.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Every other club with this shitty template gets the same SkyBet crap on it, which is pretty much all FL clubs.

We should really look at getting our own site, the club has just announced an IT deal - why cant they be involved with it ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
View attachment 49468

What the **** is that? Didn't know Murdoch owned our club. This is the homepage, I couldn't recognise it.

There are two many football fans that think Murdoch is a benevolent force. He is not. This is just one example -- given time, I could identify thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions, … -- of his malignant effects. We are not powerless. You can refuse to give any of the many forms in which he infiltrates our lives any money: so cancel those Sky subscriptions.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree it's horrible.

I won't shoot you down. Gambling is just another one of those hard-won 'freedoms' that are so popular in today's discourses. It's interesting to see what is advertised alongside and in football. Gambling seems to have taken the place since alcohol sponsorship and advertising has become increasingly sidelined.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That is rather terrible for a club's own official site. Luckily I never feel the need to use the site anyway, horrible design template

the club site has been such a mess for years now that I have long stopped using it. Shame really because it would be so easy to take control of and run it efficiently rather than farm it out and damage clubs' reputations

D

Deleted member 22389

Think the club would raise far more revenue from advertising if they had their own site again. The problem with these templated sites is that nothing is local, secondly it looks pretty crappy having every single club site looking the same. We can do far better than this crap. We wont even talk about the mobile version, its even worse. I couldn't do a simple thing as find the button to listen to live comm a few weeks ago when I was out of the area. Not good enough. In the end I gave up and nothing made sense.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't see it brings in that much revenue. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'm only (trying) to use it for tickets but me and my mate are pulling our hair out trying to add each other to friends and family. We're both there on the list, but can't choose each other. The site has gremlins all over it.

I reckon the club only receives a pittance from the Football League who made a collective agreement for most of the League clubs to use the templates imposed on them from a 5 year deal to standardise club's official websites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here