Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Window Cleaning. Hanover Area

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hello everyone. as you may or may not know I am currently unemployed and seriously thinking of becoming a window cleaner in the Hanover area. On very local research this service has not existed for some time at the Junction end of Queens Par Road, so I want to give it a jolly good go.

As I cannot drive, the service will be as green as possible. Using natural products, and a barrow with ladders. I am also thinking of charges for £5 for stories and £7.50 for three.

Please let me know if you would consider using my service if you live in the area.

Many thanks

Paul aka. Dover.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good luck Dover. Take care on those ladders.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Hello everyone. as you may or may not know I am currently unemployed and seriously thinking of becoming a window cleaner in the Hanover area. On very local research this service has not existed for some time at the Junction end of Queens Par Road, so I want to give it a jolly good go.

As I cannot drive, the service will be as green as possible. Using natural products, and a barrow with ladders. I am also thinking of charges for £5 for stories and £7.50 for three.

Please let me know if you would consider using my service if you live in the area.

Many thanks

Paul aka. Dover.
If by three You mean a 3 storey house, thats to cheap. Remember if you get your pricing wrong the hardest thing is to then put them up.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If by three You mean a 3 storey house, thats to cheap. Remember if you get your pricing wrong the hardest thing is to then put them up.

Agree. Our current window cleaner charges £18 for a three storey, front & back, outside only - although that's only 2 storey at the front.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

Many thanks

Paul aka. Dover.

Is there an urgent need for window cleaners in Germany then? :hilton:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Many thanks

Paul aka. Dover.

You're under pricing yourself far too much. Albion Windows ( who are very good value ) clean my windows on my chalet bungalow for £12. That's 4 main windows, one patio doors, one side door, two velux and a very small kitchen window.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thanks one and all. Now thinking about an extendable pole, but not the water feed system. Then in this area I could do the back of the house as well.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Many thanks

Paul aka. Dover.

I do, and want my windows cleaned. As I'm sure you recognise, you'll need an appropriate ladder to deal with Muesli Mountain. If you post me your contact details, I'll get in touch. Best of luck.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You're under pricing yourself far too much. Albion Windows ( who are very good value ) clean my windows on my chalet bungalow for £12. That's 4 main windows, one patio doors, one side door, two velux and a very small kitchen window.

I agree. I pay £12 to my window cleaner for a 3 bed, two storey house.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Thanks one and all. Now thinking about an extendable pole, but not the water feed system. Then in this area I could do the back of the house as well.

Not sure you can compete with the reach and wash window cleaners if you are using a extendable pole and squeegee. How will you clean the frames from the floor, and get to awkward windows?
The best way I think you can do it is this way. First, clean from ladder and do frames and then from 2nd clean learn to use a wagtail.
Remember trad window cleaning is slower then water fed, at least until you become very skilled in using a wagtail and that could take months to master.
If you can get work close to were you live you could use water fed by going down the back pack route, but you will be going back home to fill up every couple of jobs.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
If you could make a trailer that could carry, say four 25ltr containers, that could give you more work time.And i don't think it would be to heavy to push.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
If you could make a trailer that could carry, say four 25ltr containers, that could give you more work time.And i don't think it would be to heavy to push.

That might be the way I might just work! It's an ongoing plan. I need to see all the options before I buy.

Chris45

Jul 29, 2010
Pushing a 100ltr's around wouldn't be much fun, that's 100kg plus the weight of the trolly, oh and the water will be sloshing around, if you use a WFP system the a van setup is the way to go anything else is going to be a nightmare.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here