Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xmas

Members

Xmas

0 Not allowed!
    For the first time this year I'm doing Xmas new yr abroad!!anyone else done it, plusses and minus's pls ?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      My first Christmas in Italy was amazing. I spent it in a place called Pienza, where I joined a group of locals who lined up to throw snowballs at the congregation leaving the cathedral at the end of midnight mass. A bloke called Pluto then invited about a dozen of us back to his house, where he woke up his wife (at about 2am) to get her to cook us all a meal. The party went on until about 4am, when I was able to sneak off back to the hotel room where I was staying (which was more of a penthouse apartment that had been fitted out specifically for its use a couple of years earlier by the great Italian film director, Franco Zeffirelli, who filmed Romeo and Juliet in Pienza). I got the use of it cheap for the simple reason that a friend of mine knew the hotel proprietor.

I still feel guilty about the trouble that Pluto put his wife to. But, hey! I was in Italy to do sociological research. There was a whole conference worth of stuff that Christmas.
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Sounds great lol
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Spent Christmas in the UK then flew to Moscow for New Years Eve in Red Square , it was great to see how other people celebrate New Year , they came from the far reaches of Russia for the celebration , all good fun and celebrated with some Russians in our hotel , pissed people everywhere but good humoured . We then went to St Petersburg on an overnight train and spent another Christmas day there ( as they celebrate on the 7th January) , it was a bit quiet as they celebrate Easter more than Christmas but definitely worth the experience . May try another country next year .

0 Not allowed!
      Did Florida 3 years ago, Xmas and New Year.
      Made a nice change from the usual routine.

Disney on Xmas Eve was awesome.
      Xmas lunch at the Gaylord was the Man vs Food moment of the holiday.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Spent Xmas 2004 & New year in Disney Florida and the next year at Disney Paris.
      Nice for the kids but Paris was cold on Davy Crockett's ranch in a static caravan - it was the tsunami year, remember watching it all unfold on French TV

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by daveyboy1973 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      For the first time this year I'm doing Xmas new yr abroad!!anyone else done it, plusses and minus's pls ?
      Depends where abroad, Wales is pretty much the same except its lamb for Christmas dinner, Scotland is pretty much the same little colder except they have deep fried mince pies with buckfast butter on them.

Rest of the world does not get the queens speech any more.
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Xmas

0 Not allowed!
      Spending Christmas in Koh Samui and NYE in Macau this time around. The rest of the time I'll be in Honkers.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Did Christmas and New Year in Canada in 2001/2002 - best time ever. None of the fuss or crap you get here. Thankfully I'm in France this year for Christmas ..... wonderful. Personally I'd spend every Christmas abroad if I could afford to.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Go to Canaries every year(no kids).The Spanish dont celebrate Crimbo the same as us of course,and give you get a strange look when you mention Boxing Day.As previously posted it depends where you go i suppose,the atmosphere is strange.Believe it or not i had prawns and salad on the beach for my Crimbo dinner last year. We go tomorrow cant wait