Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Professional Masterchef champion - spoiler if you haven't watched the final yet

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Now I know most of us (and, as per normal NSC rules, apologies if fixtures) don't usually (if ever) go in for Michelin Star dining, but Sussex has a new champion. Stephen Edwards of the Camelia Restaurant at the South Lodge Hotel, between Horsham and Cowfold, has won this year's Professional Masterchef:

http://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/ne...ofessional-masterchef-champion-2013-1-5746871

I've driven past there many times, but never been in, even to look at the place. It is going to get much, much busier now.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Watched the final and obviously all 3 were very talented chefs.
Just can't help thinking that so called fine dining has become so bloody poncey and is often a triumph of style over substance. It has all become a bit much.
It's only food for christ's sake.Bring back pies,after all it all ends up the same way.....down the kazi!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Thanks for spoiling my enjoyment watching this tonight. :angry:

You could have at least not put the result in the thread title. :nono:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Thanks for spoiling my enjoyment watching this tonight. :angry:

You could have at least not put the result in the thread title. :nono:

Why did you open the thread you chopper?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It's in the title, which you can't avoid. If it had just said Masterchef in the title I wouldn't have opened it.

Chopper??

Just one of the old words for being daft. Always raises a smile.

Surely if you had wanted to watch the final without knowing, you would avoid any masterchef thread?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Wife and I went to the Pass at South Lodge a while ago. Not normally one for the fine dining mullarky but the food was outstanding.
I think we had about 9 courses with a different wine with each course.
Bit pricey but would recommend it for a special occasion.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Surely if you had wanted to watch the final without knowing, you would avoid any masterchef thread?
How could he possibly avoid the information that Stephen had won when it was put in the (now changed) thread title....?

I was also looking forward to watching this tonight and have had the effect of the surprise result (I thought Adam would win) diminished.

In this modern age of asynchronous televisual experiences people should be more considerate than to put "spoilers" in NSC thread titles...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
i think the wrong person won and i think adam should have won

I had Adam down to win throughout the competition but then I discovered Stephen was a Sussex lad so I was rooting for him in the final. Adam was the only one who got criticism in the final so it would have been hard to give it to him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Going into last night I thought the competition was Adam's to lose, and he did.

Glad that it was at least won by a Sussex resident though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Always heard good things about South Lodge - only one of two Michelin Star restaurants in Sussex I believe. I've eaten in the other so will have to make the effort to try this one.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

The original thread title very selfishly said who the winner was, I do wish people would think before posting or at least just not put the winner of things like this in the title!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
i think the wrong person won and i think adam should of won

He was the best throughout the competition, but seemed to mess up a little in the final, so was never going to win.

I admire the skill and artistry of the guys and this style of cooking, but it's just not really what I want to eat. Whenever I've had fine dining, I've not found it very satisfying, really. It's not as if I want mountains of food, or that I mind paying a lot, it's just not for me - or at least it's not where I would choose to go, personally.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The original thread title very selfishly said who the winner was, I do wish people would think before posting or at least just not put the winner of things like this in the title!

I see, apologies, I don't think I saw that one.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I ate at Camelia's at South Lodge a couple of weeks ago, and Stephen was the Chef for our meal - we were a party of 14.

The meal was simply superb, and I certainly wouldn't call it poncey.

If anyone gets the chance to eat at The Pass at South Lodge, do so.

Well done to him.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I've eaten at The Pass as well - fantastic. Love the chef' stable layout

Interesting that no mention was made of the fact that a Michelin starred restaurant was in such close proximity to Stephen's own restaurant.

Bet he got some decent tips!

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Adam lost the plot out in Italy! which done him no favours.
been to south lodge a few times and have never been disapointed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here