Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Sky Thinking. Seamless. And All that Rot.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We have revolutionized excellence through success and ideation.

We provide unrivalled strategic partnerships together with a plethora of live, social
and communication solutions. Our client-centric approach delivers seamlessly integrated
relations ensuring a unique and amplified user experience.

We are impact players, We are game-changers…

Would that sort of spiel entice you in to giving them business?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Years ago, when i worked for one of the big banking groups, every business unit had to come up with a mission statement.

We came up with 'We are not at home to Mr cock-up'. It wasn't accepted :down:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Years ago, when i worked for one of the big banking groups, every business unit had to come up with a mission statement.

Ours was:

Yesterdays Technology at Tomorrows Prices

That failed as well

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
a management consultant once told be that their goal was to facilitate my empowerment viz leveraging key metrics

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Do these people that speak in management-bullshit realise that Gus Hedges was a satirical character, not some god to emulate?

Stir-fry that idea in your think wok!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Would that sort of spiel entice you in to giving them business?

No, it wouldn't. In the past when I worked in the real world and on occasion having to deal with consultancies and advertising agencies in particular, it often struck me that what was most important to them was them, and not you as the CUSTOMER.

As someone who has an MBA, it pains me to think that is the sort of self-serving rubbish that other people with MBA's might write.

But I like it if that is any comfort.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I work very closely now with our American teams and I HATE " Reach out" In that " Dave, can you reach out to xxxx and get that information".....No I wont reach out, I will fecking well ASK him/her!!!!

I still think the best one I have ever heard is we " Leverage the Continuum".

Funniest one, is " Re-allign the expectations of the client" ie. " we can't do what we told you, so here is something different instead" :thumbsup:

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!

A few years ago, i had a corporate client whose favourite saying was that - until one day when something did go wrong & i informed that not only had Mr cock-up called, but he has let himself in & is currently sitting at the kitchen table drinking tea & eating biscuits!!

As a side note, my company's mission statement at the time was "We make the easy look impossible"

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I work very closely now with our American teams and I HATE " Reach out" In that " Dave, can you reach out to xxxx and get that information".....No I wont reach out, I will fecking well ASK him/her!!!!

I still think the best one I have ever heard is we " Leverage the Continuum".

Funniest one, is " Re-allign the expectations of the client" ie. " we can't do what we told you, so here is something different instead" :thumbsup:

Okay let's take this offline.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The one I had the other day was 'thank you for leading us in this vision'. What a load of old horse dung.

A seamless integrated approach for the end user, creates an ecosystem that cross pollinates big data. That's why leading on this vision is central to building, first to market, sustainable, partnerships.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Oh and another was 'i look to you to drive the knowledge transfer in our thought leadership'.

Pi@& off

You should have asked if they were looking for a quick win? Thought leadership* is impossible without credible insights on A-B testing.

*In all seriousness, people now laugh at ''thought leadership'' as a term, it's now outdated in marketing-speak.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Okay let's take this offline.

People in my team are ALWAYS using this, apparently when you're in a meeting you're online and when you leave it you're offline, WTF?

Anyway I need to go and re-prioritise our strategic benchmarks so we'll have to touch base later.

I once failed to get anyone to accept what I thought was rather a good slogan ...

East Sussex Social Services ... who cares

This was shortly after Hampshire County Council's waste disposal team managed to persuade their council to have every item of post sent out, franked with the slogan ...
Hampshire County Council - Think Waste.

Genius!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
When did we stop speaking English and start stringing words together to form meaningless sentences? I work for a large multi-national and I just don't understand what the Americans say half the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here