Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time you used a pay phone (phone box) ?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I haven't used one for years, phone boxes are history!, so when was the last time you was in a phone box? (Smoking crack, having sex or taking a piss doesn't count or having a shit)

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
About 10 years ago..

I see now in upper beeding they have turned the phone boxes into defibrillators, great idea especially when the average age there is 92

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
6 months ago when my mobile died.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I detest using them. Maybe it's just me but i find phone boxes totally unhygienic. I feel dirty going in.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think I had an urgent tinkle in one one late August night. Otherwise in London I just see them as adverts for run-over dead teenager warnings. I quite fancy the deceased Asian girl.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
There are hardly any to be seen anymore. These days people just hold their hands up to their ears and shout in the street.

Some of them are using mobile telephones, a gimmick that will never catch on.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
In this country it must be at least 10 years. It was probably the last time I asked my parents to pick me up from the station before I got a mobile phone, which would have been about 14 years ago.

I've used them abroad a few times though.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
About seven years ago or so when my mobile battery died. Had to phone someone at home to find my mobile bill, figure someone's number out from it and then remember it for long enough to ring them.

They've taken away nearly all of them in my town anyway, there's a few in shopping centres (even the new shopping centre weirdly) and two outside the police station which must be for people who like a bit of added danger to their drug deals.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
To get one of those little cards that you sometimes see in there. To make a call... Nope, can't remember!

Honestly can't remember. If you are eating don't read on!

Coming back from an Albion game many moons ago and for some reason needed to make a call to someone (probably running late). Pulled up at the box on the 272 near Chailey cross roads to use phone, everywhere in darkness including phone box.

After several unsuccessful attempt to dial in darkness, ending in me dropping all my change on the floor, I returned to the car and got a torch. On returning to the kiosk with torch I discovered why the handset had seemed damp and sticky - someone had recently used it as a phone of the "great white china phone to Heaven" variety!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here