Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice - best stand to take a young child to

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I always envisaged taking my boy to his first game once he was at school and old enough to appreciate the experience. The plan was to make it a family occasion. Me, my dad and my son.

However, I want to make the most of the three of us being around and my dad's health isn't great so I am considering doing it sooner rather than later. My son has just turned three, which stand would be best?

Would he be allowed in 1901 club? Any other advice?

Thanks

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
ESL is the family area, and is obviously easily accessible for your Dad in terms of lack of stairs. :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
ESL is the family area, and is obviously easily accessible for your Dad in terms of lack of stairs. :thumbsup:

It's also the realm of the plastics and JCLs who tell you to sit down every two seconds.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Wherever you go, three is incredibly young to go to the football. You will need plenty of alternative entertainment for him. He's too young to join in with whatever goes on in the Family Stand - if you can get him into 1901, I'd do that.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
South - Best atmosphere, no swearing, loads of kids but loud fans too. Near the away mob to boot.

...and the kids can sit and see the game (a bit 'JCL' sitting down but we'll cope)

It's also the realm of the plastics and JCLs who tell you to sit down every two seconds.

That avatar suits you, you obviously don't sit near me or the other dads in block B that are time served Albion fans, the only difference to us and the fans in the north is we no longer use '(unt' as every other word.

In answer to OP's question, the FS is best as the intolerance I suffered from my 'fellow fans' when my 18 month old used to get the hump at Withdean doesn't exist there as we're all in the same boat.

Wherever you go, three is incredibly young to go to the football. You will need plenty of alternative entertainment for him. He's too young to join in with whatever goes on in the Family Stand - if you can get him into 1901, I'd do that.

totally absurd comment, the Family Stand is exactly that, take a three year old in the 1901 and the amount of 'tutting' will drown out the North Stand

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Without contacts you wont get in the 1901 anyway,all sold out. Your son won't be the problem,WSU And ESU will be a problem for your Dad,too many steps.Family Stand makes most sense if only because of the fact WSL is a premium priced stand and not much point paying over the odds for a 3 year old.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That avatar suits you, you obviously don't sit near me or the other dads in block B that are time served Albion fans, the only difference to us and the fans in the north is we no longer use '(unt' as every other word.

In answer to OP's question, the FS is best as the intolerance I suffered from my 'fellow fans' when my 18 month old used to get the hump at Withdean doesn't exist there as we're all in the same boat.
This. BH has clearly never been in the Amex family stand - it's excellent.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Thanks all.

I have contacts in 1901 and have been offered tickets but didn't know if it would be acceptable.

Family stand sounds, logically, the best place. Will see how my dad gets on in the New Year but he could be having round three of chemo so may not be up to it.

The longer I leave it the better but my boy has been singing Sussex By The Sea and Brighton Aces for over a year and loves watching 'seagulls on the blue and white shirts' on the TV; he could be ready and it would only be the once. When he is older I would take him more often but the first game needs to be special, with family and definitely at the Amex.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Thanks all.

I have contacts in 1901 and have been offered tickets but didn't know if it would be acceptable.

Family stand sounds, logically, the best place. Will see how my dad gets on in the New Year but he could be having round three of chemo so may not be up to it.

The longer I leave it the better but my boy has been singing Sussex By The Sea and Brighton Aces for over a year and loves watching 'seagulls on the blue and white shirts' on the TV; he could be ready and it would only be the once. When he is older I would take him more often but the first game needs to be special, with family and definitely at the Amex.

Best of luck to your dad and I hope you get to see Brighton smash reading in the fa cup as a family :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Thanks all.

Hope you all have a great day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here