Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Hove have independence from its imperialist sister Brighton?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, they council always see and use Brighton as their playground and haven't got a clue about Hove. They are now talking about a Greater Brighton so it shows what idiots run the place.

Also we should never have been a partnership with a double barreled city name and if anything, if we wanted to be part of a city we should have teamed up with Lewes and gone for the City of Lewes.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No, they council always see and use Brighton as their playground and haven't got a clue about Hove. They are now talking about a Greater Brighton so it shows what idiots run the place.

Also we should never have been a partnership with a double barreled city name and if anything, if we wanted to be part of a city we should have teamed up with Lewes and gone for the City of Lewes.

What about Hove's football team having a double barrel name with a contiguous neighbour?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What about Hove's football team having a double barrel name with a contiguous neighbour?

Slightly different for a football team than a city name. Even with both towns stuck together we are still a tiny city.

If we came under the City of Lewes we would stretch out to Newhaven and further into Mid Sussex.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No good has come of it. In fact the place has gone rapidly downhill having to drag Hove around like a retarded cousin. I don't even like Hove. It's just a span of long, featureless roads that lead into Portslade. Dump.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You'll be eyeing up the metropolis that is Hassocks next

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No good has come of it. In fact the place has gone rapidly downhill having to drag Hove around like a retarded cousin. I don't even like Hove. It's just a span of long, featureless roads that lead into Portslade. Dump.

Steady on, I seem to remember Brighton United having to use the cricket ground in Hove, and then if it wasn't for Hove FC allowing a ground share at the Goldstone there would be no Brighton in BHAFC.

The way I see it Hove has baby sat Brighton in the football world.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Seriously Hove actually gives me the creeps. I find the whole area to have an extremely negative vibe. I avoid going there whenever I can as it gives me anxiety being there. Bypass everything until I get to Shoreham. Now, Shoreham I like. Well the nice side of it. I don't like the houseboats, I imagine rusty water in the hull dripping onto dead rats. And the beach is rather creepy and otherly but the side of the church, West St, Station area is rather lovely.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Seriously Hove actually gives me the creeps. I find the whole area to have an extremely negative vibe. I avoid going there whenever I can as it gives me anxiety being there. Bypass everything until I get to Shoreham. Now, Shoreham I like. Well the nice side of it. I don't like the houseboats, I imagine rusty water in the hull dripping onto dead rats. And the beach is rather creepy and otherly but the side of the church, West St, Station area is rather lovely.

Yep the posh end of Shoreham is a great place to live :) - did you know those house boats go for £300,000 there's one up for sale now

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yep the posh end of Shoreham is a great place to live :) - did you know those house boats go for £300,000 there's one up for sale now

Hells Bells! They are creepy. Though I do like the story about the day the Minesweeper rocked up. Marvelous scenes. Yep, nice place Shoreham though, had some good times there.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Brighton is full of transients and you will find that the majority of true Brightonians actually live in Hove. Brighton is to Hove what Butlins is to Bognor Regis.

And we can park in Hove as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here