Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has science proven that the Universe is in reality just a hologram?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As one of the comments says, at first glance it does appear to be a variation on Plato's cave theory about people's perceptions of reality being based on reflections rather than the reality itself.

I find this subject fascinating and the more I read of it, the more certain I am that there are things/events in the universe so mind-bogglingly complicated that man just does not have the language nor the mental capacity to describe them....and thus re-affirms my agnosticm.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As one of the comments says, at first glance it does appear to be a variation on Plato's cave theory about people's perceptions of reality being based on reflections rather than the reality itself.

I find this subject fascinating and the more I read of it, the more certain I am that there are things/events in the universe so mind-bogglingly complicated that man just does not have the language nor the mental capacity to describe them....and thus re-affirms my agnosticm.

That's unlike you to sit on the fence :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I won't believe it unless PROF. BRIAN COX tells me it's true. He needs to say the word "billion" at least EIGHT times when explaining it too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It means that life is made up shit, then we die.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
What we are learning through quantum physics is that the universe largely exists as superpositioned realm of possibilities until observed. This essentially means that the reality we experience is a construct of consciousness, not the other way around.

Ahhhh, you say that now.....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Do you know that when Cook's ships approached the islands off the coast of America the natives could not see the ships, just the waves parting as they advanced. They still could not see them until one of them worked out what would make waves part in that fashion? He decided upon some kind of large vessel. When he explained this to the other natives they could all see the ships. They didn't have the capacity to understand what it was and therefore could not see them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do you know that when Cook's ships approached the islands off the coast of America the natives could not see the ships, just the waves parting as they advanced. They still could not see them until one of them worked out what would make waves part in that fashion? He decided upon some kind of large vessel. When he explained this to the other natives they could all see the ships. They didn't have the capacity to understand what it was and therefore could not see them.
That kinda sounds like guff to me. They may well have not been able to tell that they were ships, but don't tell me if you see something you've never seen before then you can't see it?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

who said that not the native peyote smoking locals :lol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As John Lennon once said: I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Well it makes as much sense as some of the other stuff that has appeared or will appear on this thread.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Palace didn't REALLY beat us in May?

Does that mean we are really playing in the premiership, but our inability to believe it means that our perceptions are that we are still in the Championship. I think it wasn't Leicester we thrashed 3-1 last Saturday, but Chelsea.

I like this game.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That kinda sounds like guff to me. They may well have not been able to tell that they were ships, but don't tell me if you see something you've never seen before then you can't see it?

Well that's not quite what I said. I have to say I thought it was guff too but that has never stopped me posting before.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What we are learning through quantum physics is that the universe largely exists as superpositioned realm of possibilities until observed. This essentially means that the reality we experience is a construct of consciousness, not the other way around.

Wrong.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

What a load of cock. How does anyone know what the Natives saw? I doubt if the Indians could speak English and I'm also pretty sure that Amerindian speakers were pretty thin on the ground in the Royal Navy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What a load of cock. How does anyone know what the Natives saw? I doubt if the Indians could speak English and I'm also pretty sure that Amerindian speakers were pretty thin on the ground in the Royal Navy.

**** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here