Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jean Marie Dongou of Barca B (Merged)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
According to The Mail, Oscar is considering a bid to lure forward Jean Marie Dongou from Barcelona.

Cool name

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Would be an unbelievable signing. I've watched him a couple if times and he's an incredible talent. Different style of player but up there with Deulofeu IMO

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this a player that Oscar coached whilst at Barcelona?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is this a player that Oscar coached whilst at Barcelona?

yep should have been. Me thinks this is the Mail putting Oscar (Barca coach) and Dongou (Barca player) together and coming up with 5. it could have been any up and coming Barca youth

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Never going to happen is it? We are trying to cut costs to meet FFP unless we sell one of our stars.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Would be an incredible signing - Dongou and Ulloa could be a devastatingly effective pairing - but I'll believe it when I see it

[yt]GT0orDEwf-4[/yt]

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Never going to happen is it? We are trying to cut costs to meet FFP unless we sell one of our stars.

Unlikely I'd say. Not that Barca wouldn't want to help Oscar out, but I just can't see why they would want to loan a player they may see as a future star to an English 2nd tier team.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

It's just a shame that the likes of Notts Forest, QPR and Leicester are not doing the same. It's hardly a level playing field.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's just a shame that the likes of Notts Forest, QPR and Leicester are not doing the same. It's hardly a level playing field.

Maybe we now see that FFP is falling apart, and we'll have a different strategy from now on ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
About time we started looking at TRIED and TESTED English players instead of looking at so called foreign talent...we have development squads...let's use them and bring them on instead of this obsession that if a player has played for a decent side in Europe they are automatically world beaters.

This will be the death of football in this country if we do not follow up all the money spent of development with actually playing players. Look at JFC. An example of a decent youngster coming through...

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
About time we started looking at TRIED and TESTED English players instead of looking at so called foreign talent...we have development squads...let's use them and bring them on instead of this obsession that if a player has played for a decent side in Europe they are automatically world beaters.

This will be the death of football in this country if we do not follow up all the money spent of development with actually playing players. Look at JFC. An example of a decent youngster coming through...

agreed, but football has already reached the stage you refer to. It's a global game , as seen by our squad/manager , I have no problem with bringing in an exciting young prospect from abroad .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Unlikely I'd say. Not that Barca wouldn't want to help Oscar out, but I just can't see why they would want to loan a player they may see as a future star to an English 2nd tier team.

Barca know Oscar and obviously trust his coaching methods. It could be possible that Barca see the fact the player will go to a club managed by someone who understands their way better than most as a bigger plus than the negative of him only being in the English second tier.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great close control
has he got the ball blue tacked to his boot

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Barca know Oscar and obviously trust his coaching methods. It could be possible that Barca see the fact the player will go to a club managed by someone who understands their way better than most as a bigger plus than the negative of him only being in the English second tier.

Hmm, a really interesting post. I can see that what you suggest may indeed be a stance that Barca could take. "He can go to a team that is in the Championship and train with someone we trust or go to, say, Palace and train with Pulis - a style which is anathema to our way of playing". Plausible, very plausible. Especially if we gave guarantees about playing time...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Would be an incredible signing - Dongou and Ulloa could be a devastatingly effective pairing - but I'll believe it when I see it

[yt]GT0orDEwf-4[/yt]

This. That video title suggests he is the 'Future of FC Barcelona', and the same has been said about Deulofeu, who is at a PL club. Can't see him coming to the Championship, even with the OG link…

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here