Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dashboard cameras...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Possibly very poor, unless the cameras are very good as the distance from Moscow to London is about 1550 miles.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I had one but it some how interfered with the Dab radio signal.
Don't why or how but after having the radio fitted I frequently lost the signal and the fitters after changing a few aerials diagnosed if I turned off the camera the radio worked fine.
So no longer have the camera on.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
In Russia there's huge problems with police corruption and insurance fraud (I mean, worse than you could possibly imagine in the UK or other civilised countries...allegedly). Often you'll see them in America, where they automatically record and store footage 10 seconds before a collision onwards. Definitely a good idea I think, they would help solve a lot of disputes, and if they were commonplace, maybe even act as a deterrence against road rage attacks.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Should be more commonplace. People have cameras to help them park so why not have them to protect you against fraud and the like. Will almost certainly get them on my next car.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As the Russians showed, they're certainly useful when a massive meteorite crashes through the atmosphere. Apart from that I wouldn't bother.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I already have a black box in my car which lowers my insurance and effectively lets them spy on me 24/7.

Closest we will get in this country to in car spying.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
A Russian workmate tells me that, as well as the insurance fraud that TheJasperCo mentioned, you can more or less buy a driving license there from the right person, without having to go through the tiresome rigmarole of a driving test. Or lessons. It's probably a more pressing exigency over there to be able to prove what happened with photographic evidence than it is here.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think they are a good idea and it would make investigating serious incidents a lot easier than collecting statements.

Exactly and determine which driver is telling the truth and which has created a work of fiction.

chrishuet

Feb 1, 2010
Hove
These are great bits of kit, we have supplied a number of Parksafe witness cameras with GPS/Speed/Video recording built in, all loaded onto a micro SD card for £199 contact Huets in Worthing or Shoreham for more details,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here