Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New York City FC step closer to being the second MLS team in New York

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Strictly speaking they will be the first MLS team as Red Bulls are based in New Jersey. NYCFC are a step closer to securing agreement on building a new MLS stadium in the Bronx

New York City FC closer to new stadium in the Bronx

Good news for those of us living in NYC who like our footy. But not sure why two of the richest sports clubs, the Yankees and Man U, need all these tax free incentives.

NYCFC have also secured the services of Real Salt Lake coach Jason Kreis.

Real Salt Lake coach to take over at NYCFC

New York Cosmos are also back in business – but play in the NAFL.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The MLS is taking off further now, even games are now shown live on BT Sport. Watched the MLS Cup Final game the other day - it was pretty poor.

What with Orlando now also being an expansion team, its just getting bigger.

Oh, and its Man City, not Man United.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ironic that just as the Hull chairman is lamenting being called city, up pops a big new team called New York City FC.

I'm amazed that no deal was done to ensure the name New York Cosmos appeared in the MLS. I know there are complications about the logistics of this, but nothing would spread the global popularity of the league like a fixture between the Cosmos packed with top older Euro / South American players and Beckham's new Miami franchise.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'm amazed that no deal was done to ensure the name New York Cosmos appeared in the MLS. I know there are complications about the logistics of this, but nothing would spread the global popularity of the league like a fixture between the Cosmos packed with top older Euro / South American players and Beckham's new Miami franchise.

Yea – Cosmos really dropped the ball on this one. One minute they were all lined up to build a new stadium in Queens next to Citifield with Cantona as the coach, next they are ground sharing with a University on Long Island in the somewhat obscure NAFL. A club with that heritage deserves better. They have applied to build a new stadium at Belmont Park – we will see.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NYCFC announce their new home strip - surprise, surprise it's a Man City rip off - not very imaginative

asset.php

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here