Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Down to the bare bones.

D

Deleted member 22389

I hope they finish 3rd and fail in the play offs.

Piss take.

If they do fail, I would expect a Pompey style fallout in all honesty. You can't run up debts like this and expect to still have a club at the end of the day.
It's certainly not fair on all the other clubs like this who are following the rules.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If they do fail, I would expect a Pompey style fallout in all honesty. You can't run up debts like this and expect to still have a club at the end of the day.
It's certainly not fair on all the other clubs like this who are following the rules.

You can if the owners pockets are deep enough, and he is a billionaire, is he not ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
"The manager was a very big factor for me. He showed me from the beginning that he really wanted me."

Er, yes. That and the cash.

D

Deleted member 22389

You can if the owners pockets are deep enough, and he is a billionaire, is he not ?

He is a billionaire your right, but if he gets bored one day like the rest of them, he could quite easily walk away and somebody will have to pick the pieces.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My two non-Albion football wishes for this season:

1. QPR don't go up
2. Man Utd don't make Europe

in that order.

If you told me now I could buy the above two events with Palace staying up and winning the FA Cup I would go for it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
He is a billionaire your right, but if he gets bored one day like the rest of them, he could quite easily walk away and somebody will have to pick the pieces.

Maybe, but I can't see him getting bored, at least for quite a while - he loves it. He may get a bit irked if they don't go up pretty quickly though. He and Harry seem to be a perfect match for each other.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Pity because I reckon they'd just started to get sussed, this signing will make a difference - and they are taking the p**s.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can the owner pay FFP fines or does it have to come out of the club's finances?

Are FFP fines considered outside the FFP limits for the following season? Otherwise a team given a hefty fine would get stuck in a vicious cycle.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully 'arry has enough to field a full team for their next fixture.

I shudder to think how many sleepless nights he must have had, being down to his last thirty eight fit (and Premier League experienced) players.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Portsmouth 2.0 - been saying it ever since 'Arry took over. They tick practically EVERY box.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The thing is QPR are going to get there comeuppance sooner or later. There are no bottomless pits and there are clubs that can make money ....ie your Man Utds, your Arsenals and your Liverpools but the rest who spend way beyond their means are just temporary playthings for rich tosspots. You know it's coming, it's just a matter of when.

We are so lucky as long as we don't get impatient.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They really are a joke club, hopefully the Football League dont pussy out and give them their £80 Million fine if they get promoted this season.

There won't be any fine if they get promoted because a relegated club can ignore FFP for the first season under the rules , the Premier League have already told the Football League they cannot do it anyhow as any club which is promoted to the PL is no longer a FL member club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here