Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spencer Tracey 'Speech' Inherit the wind.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
JUst,your take. Research tells me,all fake.

I still don't understand what you mean. It's a fictional story based on actual events. As with all fictional stories based on actual events, there are parts that are things that are not accurate to the true story that are done to entertain or to stress themes or messages of the story being told etc (in the instance of the play and this version of the film, it was meant to resonate with the McCarthy trials of that era).

What exactly have you tried researching? What are you questioning as being real or fake?

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I still don't understand what you mean. It's a fictional story based on actual events. As with all fictional stories based on actual events, there are parts that are things that are not accurate to the true story that are done to entertain or to stress themes or messages of the story being told etc (in the instance of the play and this version of the film, it was meant to resonate with the McCarthy trials of that era).

What exactly have you tried researching? What are you questioning as being real or fake?

Summed up nicely....and Spencer Tracy in my book was one of the better actors in that era

but is it fake????

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What a peculiar question.

You do realise most films are made up, don't you? Even Avatar.

Of course,it's part of the script ! However let's just take one film but two very different versions of events 'A night to remember' and Titanic for me you can chuck as much money as you like at a production but A night to remember everytime. I don't expect every detail but when 'do' and event film can it be closer in fact as opposed to made-up ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Of course,it's part of the script ! However let's just take one film but two very different versions of events 'A night to remember' and Titanic for me you can chuck as much money as you like at a production but A night to remember everytime. I don't expect every detail but when 'do' and event film can it be closer in fact as opposed to made-up ?

Both films you have just mentioned were fake,the Titanic never sank it was the sister ship Olympic.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
tumblr_mnhqbkUdoD1rj90hjo1_500-290x400.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here