Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wanted: Refrigeration engineer

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone on these parts able to fix Fridge freezers?

Thanks

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They're a bit like TV's these days. It's easier just to dump and buy new.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well that's fairly shit advice, for starters.

I fixed mine no drama, thanks to helpful advice from the afforementioned hard man.

What is the problem with it, Trigaaar?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What is the problem with it, Trigaaar?
Freezer at 0 degrees, Fridge at 13. Probably a thermistor, so I've ordered some. But it needs fixing pronto, so I'd like help if I can get it. I don't know if Dave's number is still the same - I hope so, I've just sent a text.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Freezer at 0 degrees, Fridge at 13. Probably a thermistor, so I've ordered some. But it needs fixing pronto, so I'd like help if I can get it. I don't know if Dave's number is still the same - I hope so, I've just sent a text.

My symptoms were similar, and the cause was that the pipe that the fridge uses to draw cold air up from the freezer, to cool it, had blocked (frozen). All I had to do to resolve it (a 2 day full defrost would have worked, but I didn't really want the inconvinience) was to blow a hairdryer (on a WARM setting - too hot can damage somthing apparently) up that apperture for 25 minutes - until no more melted water was dripping out (in my case - Samsung - it was right at the top, back left, behind the freezer drawers).

Worked fine ever since.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

I've fixed plenty of fridges with little more than a phone call or advice.
I recently fixed my samsung HD telly with 4 capacitors that cost a grand total of £2.90 from Maplins

Yeah....I should've binned them :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My point was that they are not as easy to repair as they used to be. Calm down Mr Seagullion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hi Bruce

It's a Hotpoint Mistral FF71/91

I tried this:
Turn appliance off at the mains, press and hold SAVE and switch on at mains and release SAVE.

and got no error warnings.

Not sure about fan, will check.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Hi Bruce

I tried this:
Turn appliance off at the mains, press and hold SAVE and switch on at mains and release SAVE.

Need to know the state of the ice on the evap, whether its even?
Is the compressor running hot?
The condenser at the back, have you got a temperature drop off between compressor and filter?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hi Bruce

I tried this:

The condenser at the back, have you got a temperature drop off between compressor and filter?

This is like Apollo13!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is like Apollo13!
To you and me both.

There wouldn't be any ice, as I switched it off for a few days.
The back is closed off to the eye (although I presume it could be taken apart). And I wouldn't know anything about a compressor or filter ???

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
To be fair, had major problems with gas oven and grill recently, phoned several companies and all said bin it, not interested.
gave it a quick clean, (wasn't that dirty!) in case some one came round, and now working fine....cocks!
Same week had issues with washing machine, again a few companies phoned and no one would come round, all said better to get a new one, and now just seems to have cured itself.
Now I am about £600 better off, and lost faith with appliance engineers, are they becoming a dying breed??? was more than willing to pay the call out fee in both cases.
just the non working gas fire to sort now.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here