Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar - The Chief of Brighton! (From Spain)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Sorry if fixtures....

For all of those who follow Brian Owen on Twitter you might be aware that a couple of journalists from Diario Sport were at the Amex on Saturday for the Leicester game and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

One of them did a blog on Oscar. http://www.am14.net/oscar-chief-brighton/

Thanks to Brian for sending me the link on Twitter. :thumbsup:

I've run it through Google translate for the odd few who aren't yet fluent in Spanish

From Barcelona to Tel Aviv and from there to Brighton . It was enough for one and a half to confirm the growth guessed Oscar Garcia was on the bench . If debuted winning the treble with youth Barca catapulted leading Maccabi to its first league title in ten years and five months has become the Brighton & Hove Albion reference in the English second division , a challenge with which he surprised last summer , choosing a club out of the elite in which many will presupposed .

" I was surprised to come find me and accept without hesitation that the project offered them " recalls Oscar , who recalled that his agreement with the Seagulls " was immediate ." The roadmap was nonnegotiable. Clear in its bid , the Catalan coach speech was brief in its presentation and will cost just be understood. Away from the Brits always parameters showed Barca personality as a role model .Speaking, the goal, the goal was that the Brighton pursue success through a 'different' football. And in that way the team is .

"I seduced fast. I had other proposals but I go by instinct and thought it would be like here , they understood what I wanted , accepted it and let me work my way " warns the technician, closed side when asked about those ' other proposals ' because " not worth talking about what is not." What it is worth checking , in situ, the way it has engaged in the adventure.

Oscar imagined the magnitude of the challenge but still is today " stunned " by the equality in the second division in which linking five wins " is very difficult " . Two rungs below for promotion , the Brighton struggle to get into the play-off places without deviating an inch from the thought you put into practice your coach on the first day . " It's not easy to stand firm " technical supports to which the award granted by the League of 'Best Coach of the Month November has brought confirmation. " It's a reward for all the work , equipment , technicians and also to thank the fans for believing in us " out.

Almost six months after landing , to discover where your club comes up . He has earned the trust of means who received him with doubts and did not hide their surprise at the risk of their approaches , fans korea name in the Falmer Stadium and is unable to leave the country without saying goodbye to the fans, multiply acts in which he claimed the city and Tony Bloom, the quirky owner, is delighted with it.

Equality in the English second is sampled with the last two results of Brighton .Four days after losing to bottom club Barnsley, danced to the team leader, Leicester , who lost 3-1 after a breakneck first half of Seagulls, "the best game of the season " in the words of Brian Owen, journalist who is currently the team and supports the " pleasant surprise" which has resulted in all areas the presence of the new coach.

"It is as constant as discreet. Quiet, will not lose his composure never see ... And it's a shock to see how the team wins or loses , stays in the game does not change , " says one journalist for whom the change from the time of Gustavo Poyet " is very clear . Poyet was much appreciated by the people , but Oscar has managed to capture everyone that goes from the front, but quietly confident in what he does. "

When that image is moved , Oscar smiles. " See if you think I'm a soft ... " jokes before admitting that such behavior is the one used since started training "and has not done so badly . What happens is that the image can pass out is different from the voltage stay within . " The main thing , says " the idea is the conviction of what you raise and the team follows you ." And followed . It shows in the eyes that are crossed during games, watching guesses in the clash against Leicester, as a huge Bruno Saltor congratulated by Adam El -Abd Conway shortly after the 2-0 mark by an unexpected coverage. O by the way the team on his back David Lopez, a leader able to aggrandize his teammates missed .

"It's a good group . They know what I want from them, what I demand , what we want and how to work it all . It may sound easy , but the development of an idea that is different for players costs " asserts coach who recognizes that is capable of crushing in practice a particular movement , coverage , pressure ... " Through repeating concepts, correct , as is improving . "

Can this team up ? The uncomfortable question because " this league is tough .Right now , approaching half of the season , there are up to 14 teams still thinking about the climb. I think only the Burnley chained six wins in a row , the Leicester , who was leader , has lost three of the last five games, the Derby , which was in mid-table , has five wins and is fourth, Wigan gave him as a favorite and is below ... " . Speaking of speculation , adventure with these results as " reckless " .

Recklessness or not, the Brighton stands firm in this preconceived idea that premiered Oscar when he took over the youth club in the summer of 2010. ' Son of Cruyff ' , does not deny , but on the contrary , a football philosophy he learned as a kid in the Barça youth . Johan recruited him to be his assistant in the Catalan team and put on , as it looked just flew non-negotiable way.

If Cruyff was given the paternity of the idea , it may be the era of Guardiola 's egregious example of it, but in the shadow of today Bayern coach grows a batch of technicians who , in varying degrees and with their personal traits , maintain that order.

And as the core of the club all eyes inevitably turn to the Camp Nou. Hard as it is a hurdle declared Oscar talk about it does not dodge , but on the contrary , the controversy seen in the distance . "Whenever there is a coaching change there is debate " admits a technician who knows Martino believes that what is done : " It's not easy to fit into a club like Barca coming from outside , but the results are endorsing him and must be given time " . It is communion with Argentine players which includes the key " but a team like Barça deserves all the credit ."

Arguably it is the credit slowly but surely, is acquiring in Brighton . One more step in his growth as a premier coach . Sign the football and speech convinced the bet, Oscar Garcia is burning stages . It is difficult to guess where this road will lead .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't you just love Google translate :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is fecking hard work to read and put into proper English :lolol:

Some of it is quite Meade's Ballish though

I look forward to us "chaining" a few wins in a row too

Is this the first sign of Oscar touting himself :wink:

And as the core of the club all eyes inevitably turn to the Camp Nou. Hard as it is a hurdle declared Oscar talk about it does not dodge , but on the contrary

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We need that Spanish Doris who was all over him when he first arrived. Can't remember her name now...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
My favourite bits were:

"I seduced fast"

"Four days after losing to bottom club Barnsley, danced to the team leader, Leicester , who lost 3-1 after a breakneck first half of Seagulls"

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here