Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Tyson banned from the UK

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
You seem surprised.

Would you expect to be allowed into the US if you disclosed a conviction for rape?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
...as well as assault, possession of Class A and drink-driving?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thoroughly despicable human being. Most of his life is the perfect example of someone's vile behaviour being tolerated because he is loaded and makes money for lots of other people. In America it's even worse as they treat celebrities as Royals, revered and sacred. Good fighter but should have literally been kept in a gym cage, only let out to fight and then put away again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Would be more concerned about the number of EU criminals allowed entry to this country than Mike Tyson on the loose .

You're right there. I just thank the Lord there are no such British criminals lounging around in Cyprus or on the Costa Del Sol.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
To the O/P: I just think your objectivity is being blinded by the celebrity status of the applicant here.

If it was just plain old John Johnson from Atlanta, Georgia, convicted sex offender with a history of violence, drug possession and driving offences denied entry to the UK, you wouldn't bat an eyelid.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Shame we can't stop all the Eastern European repeat offenders coming in then

...or, as already stated, all the British lags heading to the continent to ply their trade. You don't seriously imagine it's a one way thing, do you?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The naivity of the quote from the Harper Collins spokesperson: "There was a change in the UK immigration law in December 2012 of which we were unaware". :facepalm:

They didn't think a convicted rapist and drug user may have issues entering another country, regardless of any law change? Really?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The naivity of the quote from the Harper Collins spokesperson: "There was a change in the UK immigration law in December 2012 of which we were unaware". :facepalm:

They didn't think a convicted rapist and drug user may have issues entering another country, regardless of any law change? Really?

A change in immigration rules bars those who've been sentenced to more than 4 years in prison from entering the country. Tyson got 6 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always felt 'sorry' (deffo not the right word) for Tyson over the rape case.

From memory it came soon after OJ got off his murder trial, so Tyson was always going down.
Even after Tyson had told the world of his unstable mental condition, and the abuse he'd suffered to Oprah (or whoever) prior to the offense.
I wouldn't have wanted to be alone with Tyson in a hotel room, and I certainly wouldn't have responded to a 1am booty call, in the first place.

Although if Tyson were to be making such advances to me, he would need to be locked up.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I always felt 'sorry' (deffo not the right word) for Tyson over the rape case.

From memory it came soon after OJ got off his murder trial, so Tyson was always going down.
Even after Tyson had told the world of his unstable mental condition, and the abuse he'd suffered to Oprah (or whoever) prior to the offense.
I wouldn't have wanted to be alone with Tyson in a hotel room, and I certainly wouldn't have responded to a 1am booty call, in the first place.

Although if Tyson were to be making such advances to me, he would need to be locked up.

Odd

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Hangover was a highly overated film and Tyson's starring role in that makes it even more shite. Great fighter but highly dubious as a human being imo.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
wonder if they will ever stop Maradona coming in as well?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here