Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing block v Reading in the cup?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How about trying a singing block for the cup game?

Presumably if everyone who wanted to sing etc all aimed for the same block when they get their tickets it could be achieved easily enough?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Do we need to do this. Atmosphere at the Amex is very good.

This isnt Withdean (where incidently a singing section didnt work)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How about trying a singing block for the cup game?

Presumably if everyone who wanted to sing etc all aimed for the same block when they get their tickets it could be achieved easily enough?

A decent idea, but tickets will be available to season ticket holders first, so this would require people with STs to hold fire on purchasing until general sales begin.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
...you'll also be restricted by what the club put on sale and when.

I wonder if it is something the club could help with by perhaps allocating a block for this one off occasion. I think Manchester United did similar for a Champions League fixture this season.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm definitely up for this, the Leicester game was good atmosphere but before that it had been lacking. South stand or South/West corner possibly.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Perhaps also a good time to try out a drum / band?

Maybe someone could ask the club to reserve a section for this?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Do we need to do this. Atmosphere at the Amex is very good.

This isnt Withdean (where incidently a singing section didnt work)

Do we need any negative comments?

From the comments posted on NSC over the current season there's obviously a fair few posters who think the atmosphere is deteriorating. Why not let them try to improve it? Even if it is very good already(?) then they might make it even better.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
My fear is that if a few vocal bods relocate to the south, wont any sound be somewhat lost against a fairly large Reading faction?
On top of that, the relocation also then means the north is therefore quieter. We could end up having no cohesive noise at all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
727px-Wurlitzer,_Brentford_Musical_Museum,_London.jpg
Can I bring my organ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
My fear is that if a few vocal bods relocate to the south, wont any sound be somewhat lost against a fairly large Reading faction?
On top of that, the relocation also then means the north is therefore quieter. We could end up having no cohesive noise at all.

This - you really need a split between the North and South. The guys down in the SWC at the moment arent doing a bad job, a few going down there could enhance it a bit and might also spark the North a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here