question is will we fill it
so many friends have gone this year it makes me wonder
we already have two

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the tradition of sending christmas cards is dying out. I will definitely send less this year, mostly to only close friends and family. Less to people I just know, who a few years ago would have received one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't send them. Waste of time. Only pensioners and school children exchange cards don't they?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think the tradition of sending christmas cards is dying out. I will definitely send less this year, mostly to only close friends and family. Less to people I just know, who a few years ago would have received one.

this is so
trouble was even when they were alive most did no know one end of a PC from the other
there is one in particular I miss he used to make his own cards

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We only send cards to those friends that live overseas or a long way away - in other words, friends we can't say "Happy Christmas" to in person.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I would think I'll receive 5 and send 3. That's about it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Know what the OP means.
We sent 30 odd this year which is 10 or so down on last year...... once you get to retirement age the rate at which you "lose" friends and relatives is not a pleasant experience

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can't stop the missus, she does at least 100 every year, this year is no different. At least she signs them from both of us now. Waste of money, money that could be far better used if chucked in a charity box :shrug:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I can't stop the missus, she does at least 100 every year, this year is no different. At least she signs them from both of us now. Waste of money, money that could be far better used if chucked in a charity box :shrug:

this is also true

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In a close community like Lyme I can confirm the tradition is absolutely alive and kicking, we've already got nearly 20 although I doubt I'll break my 2011 record of 131.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's so much easier to write a Facebook status wishing everyone happy xmas

Nothing like that personal touch.

I only send (or give) cards to my family and godparents. Obviously I don't send any to my friends because I'm a man.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have an extra bin that I bring down for Christmas period. The Christmas Bin. Cards, wrapping paper, shit presents all go in. Anyone coming over is free to rummage if they want owt but are warned not to kick up a stink if they pull out their own card/gift. Day after boxing day the bag gets lifted out and it's slung in the street bin. Saves covering sideboards in cards and filling up drawers with tat. Any decent presents are quickly assimilated into my home. DVD's and books on the shelf, clothes hung up etc and I get back on with my life.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And on the subject of cards, why are there always 2 or 3 people in the office that insist on leaving a card on every single persons desk in the entire office - even people they spent the last entire year having absolutely zero interaction with? What's that all about :shrug:

humbug.gif

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
And on the subject of cards, why are there always 2 or 3 people in the office that insist on leaving a card on every single persons desk in the entire office - even people they spent the last entire year having absolutely zero interaction with? What's that all about :shrug:

View attachment 49402

Purely because they want to receive one in return to increase their own card-count and make them feel important and/or loved. I can think of no other reason.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I used to enjoy the tradition of the end of term in Junior school when a whole norning would be spent opening a shedload of cards from friends and classmates. Although to be honest, I only really enjoyed it when the cards contained little Santa chocolates and sweets. Now that the novelty's worn off, I can count on one hand the number of cards we receive as a family, let alone the number I get personally. But then, I haven't sent any cards in years, simply because I find it a meaningless waste of time. Other people may beg to differ though, but I doubt I'm the only one.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

That's what we do :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here