Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you get any "extras" from work at Christmas

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I get £20 towards the cost of a Christmas Meal if I go out with my team.
As they're in Scotland I don't bother.

Some bosses I've had have given a bottle of wine or tin of chocs (paid out of thier own pockets).

do you get anything ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When we were smaller used to, to ensure the company did not make a profit to help tax bill *ahem*

Nothing now. In fact this year, they've said they 'expect' us in 24th/27th/30th/31st. No chance.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
£27.50 towards a Christmas meal for everyone.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Last time I worked for a company we got wine, meal and a few free drinks in a venue. They were nice people. Other companies, with far more money, run by Billionaires such as Virgin and Arcadia gave **** all and made some staff work extra hours. Fat greedy shits.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Nothing. Except a nice fat five figure bonus for keeping my team under budget this year!! So, good news and bad news.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think I've ever had the type of job one would get a bonus. Can't remember ever getting a pay bonus.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Used to work for a Muslim company and so we didn't have Xmas and weren't allowed any alcohol charged through the company.

Moved to large UK company and got terminated with effect from 20th Dec for xmas instead! Good job that after threatening them I have been paid off with a compromise agreement.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I once worked for a small transport company, that gave us all a £50 M&S voucher at Christmas, which was always much appreciated. Then it was taken over by UPS, and at Christmas they gave us a box of sickly foreign chocolates instead. Most went in the skip.

D

Deleted member 22389

I get £20 towards the cost of a Christmas Meal if I go out with my team.
As they're in Scotland I don't bother.

Some bosses I've had have given a bottle of wine or tin of chocs (paid out of thier own pockets).

do you get anything ?

I remember one company I worked at back in the early 90's we got a Turkey + £100.00 bonus.
People used to moan about it. I see what people get now, and I think we did rather well.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I get my yearly bonus at Christmas.
Much preferred than getting it during the year.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A couple of tins of chocolate to share in the office from immediate managers.

Edit to add we do get an extra day's privilege leave.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We used to get a turkey but our office is much more multi-cultural now so we usually get a £10 donation on our behalf to a local charity of our choice.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I used to work for a builders and got hampers, booze etc etc...kept us going for months....now we get £20 against a Christmas deal.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I once worked for a small transport company, that gave us all a £50 M&S voucher at Christmas, which was always much appreciated. Then it was taken over by UPS, and at Christmas they gave us a box of sickly foreign chocolates instead. Most went in the skip.

at one point we where colleagues if this is the case, I work for UPS and started about a month before it was taken from lynx ;-)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Old job I used to get a €250 gift card (slight tax fiddle on their part - they paid about €230 for it due to no NI contributions and it was also PAYE exempt so they could bill it as being 'worth' more).

New place has a fairly pricey party (dinner, drinks, etc) paid for although they won't pay for a DJ - not a huge problem sourcing one ourselves in a radio station.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here