Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipad tech help - attachments

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Help please!!

I know that I used to get attachments through on my ipad pre the last couple of upgrades. Now it shows that they are there but are greyed out.

Any advice as to how I can get to receive attachments on an ipad again appreciated!

Yes I have turned it off and back on again :rolleyes:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Help please!!

I know that I used to get attachments through on my ipad pre the last couple of upgrades. Now it shows that they are there but are greyed out.

Any advice as to how I can get to receive attachments on an ipad again appreciated!

Yes I have turned it off and back on again :rolleyes:

Have you checked whether you have enough memory spare to download the attachment?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
3.8k ?!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have you gathered I'm not too techy?? :smile:

It's 3.8 whatevers of 16!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have you gathered I'm not too techy?? :smile:

It's 3.8 whatevers of 16!!

If it's 3.8mb of your 16GB capacity, then that would explain why you can't download the attachments as basically your memory is full.

If it's 3.8GB of 16GB, then you've got plenty of memory spare and you're inability to download is another issue.

k is kilobytes and is an expression of 1024 bytes of information. Each byte is made up of 8 bits. A bit is a 'binary digit' i.e. the lowest level of information in a computer system, either a 0 or a 1.
1MB = 1024k
1GB = 1024MB

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
If it's 3.8mb of your 16GB capacity, then that would explain why you can't download the attachments as basically your memory is full.

If it's 3.8GB of 16GB, then you've got plenty of memory spare and you're inability to download is another issue.

k is kilobytes and is an expression of 1024 bytes of information. Each byte is made up of 8 bits. A bit is a 'binary digit' i.e. the lowest level of information in a computer system, either a 0 or a 1.
1MB = 1024k
1GB = 1024MB

Eh?? I'm guessing that must be Latin? So in English that is.....?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ended up speaking to Apple who after some faffing about with various settings suggested that I back up and restore the ipad. Problem now appears to be sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here