Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nelson Mandela memorial service...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Amazing scenes as so many current and ex world leaders gather. However, Much as many of those leaders do praise him and his ideals I think a lot of them should be looking at their boots in shame. Putin,Mugabe and Cameron ( after his pro-apartheid junket many years ago) among many.

So,instead of platitudes and tributes maybe a Damascene conversion during the vol-au-vents afterwards would be a more fitting legacy. Could it happen or am I a dreamer ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This has the potential to be a terrorist wet dream, with upto 90,000 people without tickets. I bet the American security agencies are just shitting themselves.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This has the potential to be a terrorist wet dream, with upto 90,000 people without tickets. I bet the American security agencies are just shitting themselves.

There is that. It was stated that the 3 ex and current presidents flew in on the same Airforce 1 flight, I hope for their sake that they brought Bruce Willis with them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All the news sites were saying this morning there would be a 95,000 crowd there, plus three overflow stadiums would be used for others. However, having just turned on the TV, there appears to be barely anyone there. It's just vast swathes of empty orange seats. Why is an event that even South Africans can't be bothered to attend being shown live in the UK?

Maybe they have a 1901 section too ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope the Assad's got an invite, they haven't been out much recently.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What's the special pie?

With that sort of crowd, expect complaints about time taken to serve and running out of Harvey's by the mid-way point...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What no Israelis?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Lot of empty seats, did Barber set the ticket prices?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
The singing's not loud enough, and what are the stewards doing to keep supporters off the pitch? Will there be a special train afterwards, or will people be leaving after 80 minutes?

Barbara out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here