Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't see why people seem to want to constantly bash TV programs they don't like. If you don't want to watch it, fine, don't watch it !

I think secretly those who trash Xfactor watch it on catchup when nobody is looking :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't see why people seem to want to constantly bash TV programs they don't like. If you don't want to watch it, fine, don't watch it !

I think secretly those who trash Xfactor watch it on catchup when nobody is looking :)

I bash X Factor because I genuinely think it is harmful to society. It is making people stupider. Not that I'm doing anything to help make anyone smarter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sam Bailey will win but she's certainly not as amazing as some people seem to think, it's just because of her age and 'normalness' that people find her so amazing, Nicholas is good but doesn't have much about him really and has a pretty weak voice, Luke is the most unique & different one left, at least he'd be a bit different to the normal X factor winners(Ballad singers/Young lad with ordinary voice who only gets voted for by teeny girls & grannies), but he won't win anyway. It's been known since week 1 who was going to win & it's Sam Bailey.

I'd be willing to place a large bet though that in 5 years time none of this top 3 will be the most successful, Tamera/Rough Copy for me.

Indeed this, if she has been properly managed Tamera would have romped this competition. Biggest talent on the show by a long long way. But for some reason the bosses at X Factor have decreed that Bailey must win.

Rough Copy also good but nothing special, but about ten times more marketable than Sam Bailey who will disappear in three years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I bash X Factor because I genuinely think it is harmful to society. It is making people stupider. Not that I'm doing anything to help make anyone smarter.

You say that like Saturday night on BBC1 and ITV used to be highbrow central. Primetime shows involving Paxman intellectually taking apart an Eastern European dictator followed by a quiz exclusively for Mensa members, a short pause for reflection, a documentary on a worthy charity and then book at bedtime.

In fact it's always been completely mindless shit. Brucie or Larry Grayson. Jim Davidson or Ant and Dec. The only thing half intelligent was the Two Ronnies and then only one sketch per series. It's why everyone in their twenties goes out on a Saturday night.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This explains it better than I could.

lNl0ng1.jpg

As well as this, there's the humiliation of exploiting of socially awkward people in the early stages, in front of millions of people. It's a nasty, cynical show that preys on people's emotions and treats viewers as if they are emotional retards "feel this now, with this sad music, now be happy, with this happy music" etc.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You say that like Saturday night on BBC1 and ITV used to be highbrow central. Primetime shows involving Paxman intellectually taking apart an Eastern European dictator followed by a quiz exclusively for Mensa members, a short pause for reflection, a documentary on a worthy charity and then book at bedtime.

In fact it's always been completely mindless shit. Brucie or Larry Grayson. Jim Davidson or Ant and Dec. The only thing half intelligent was the Two Ronnies and then only one sketch per series. It's why everyone in their twenties goes out on a Saturday night.

I don't think anyone has a problem with mindless shit (we're all football fans after all) it's more the nastiness, manipulation and bullying people mind.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I don't think anyone has a problem with mindless shit (we're all football fans after all) it's more the nastiness, manipulation and bullying people mind.

No you're right. A spot of casual racism with Jim Davidson followed by Noel Edmunds killing someone who took up a dare and rounding off with celebrities eating maggots in the Outback is a perfectly reasonable night's television.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No you're right. A spot of casual racism with Jim Davidson followed by Noel Edmunds killing someone who took up a dare and rounding off with celebrities eating maggots in the Outback is a perfectly reasonable night's television.

None of those things were anywhere near as POWERFUL an EMPIRE as Simon Cowell's "reality" shows.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I'm A Celebrity is a pile of shit too, but it doesn't pre-date X Factor.

I'm also pretty sure Davidson wasn't racist during the programme

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I like Dave Grohl but does he really think Nirvana were the biggest band in the world?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
All the three boys that made the live finals are very small and fat. Nicholas is positively dwarf-like and Luke not much bigger. Do we now assume that all the thousands of young girls out there voting for these two are attracted to five foot tall males.
I think its an affront to the male race that strapping individuals like us should have to put up with our wives/partners/girlfriends and daughters fawning over these midgets and even worse, wasting our hard earned money voting for these talentless oiks.
They even make the vertically challenged Dermot O'Leary look tall and thats no mean feat!
I think there should be a size requirement on shows like the X Factor. Any boys under 5'6" should be made to stand on a box and be ridiculed, particularly if they are chubby.
All studies show that we are getting bigger as a race so we don't want these midgets dragging the average down. Sizeism rules.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like Dave Grohl but does he really think Nirvana were the biggest band in the world?

In the early 90s they definitely were, even for a brief period of time. They were MASSIVELY important.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
In the early 90s they definitely were, even for a brief period of time. They were MASSIVELY important.

Perhaps so, but sadly they became massively important on the back of shall we say, a much more "accessible" record. Clearly Kurt was much happier supporting the likes of Tad at places like the Venue in Oxford (I feel old now) than all that came next. Remember Nirvana were just one of many from the old Sub Pop stable and the like, they simply put out a single (and album) that rock and pop fans could like while thinking they were cutting edge.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps so, but sadly they became massively important on the back of shall we say, a much more "accessible" record. Clearly Kurt was much happier supporting the likes of Tad at places like the Venue in Oxford (I feel old now) than all that came next. Remember Nirvana were just one of many from the old Sub Pop stable and the like, they simply put out a single (and album) that rock and pop fans could like while thinking they were cutting edge.

Good post.

Hard to say that I prefer Bleach without sounding wanky and pretentious, but I genuinely do.

theboybilly

Sam Bailey will win but she's certainly not as amazing as some people seem to think, it's just because of her age and 'normalness' that people find her so amazing, Nicholas is good but doesn't have much about him really and has a pretty weak voice, Luke is the most unique & different one left, at least he'd be a bit different to the normal X factor winners(Ballad singers/Young lad with ordinary voice who only gets voted for by teeny girls & grannies), but he won't win anyway. It's been known since week 1 who was going to win & it's Sam Bailey.

I'd be willing to place a large bet though that in 5 years time none of this top 3 will be the most successful, Tamera/Rough Copy for me.

Is this the same Rough Copy that can't sing a note in tune? These Boy Bands are really 2-a-penny. In fact nearly all the acts are. Oh for something truly original :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here