Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best game ever?

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

Goal of the season? Miss of the season? This game seems to have pretty much everything :ohmy:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I can't work out that missed open goal. Did the striker try to do something fancy with his finish?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The magic of football !

For me personally, I was watching Worthing play Epsom and Ewell about the time of Barry Lloyd and Worthing were 3 down after about 35 minutes.... Epsom got a penalty 2 minutes before half time but it was ballooned over the crossbar. E & E jogged off slapping each other on the back laughing and joking while Worthing trudged off heads hung low in shame.

Needless to say, after a half time rocket, Worthing played out of their skins and slowly clawed back the deficit and scored the winner ( 4-3 ) in about the 94th minute. Now that WAS a game !

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Brighton & Hove Albion 4 Leyton Orient 4.

That match was epic.

This one was good too though. Thanks for posting.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
Excellent vid thanks for posting. I was at uni when we drew 4-4 with orient (didn't an someone end up thumping Ray Wilkins from the crowd?) Didn't we also manage a 4-4 from 4-0 down at the Priestfield? (Paul Emblem Hat-trick?), my memory may be playing tricks but was it vs Cambridge utd...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Excellent vid thanks for posting. I was at uni when we drew 4-4 with orient (didn't an someone end up thumping Ray Wilkins from the crowd?) Didn't we also manage a 4-4 from 4-0 down at the Priestfield? (Paul Emblem Hat-trick?), my memory may be playing tricks but was it vs Cambridge utd...

Colchester. I think we were 3-0 at half time, got back to 3-3 then 4-3 down followed by the equaliser. Boxing Day 97/98 season.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Excellent vid thanks for posting. I was at uni when we drew 4-4 with orient (didn't an someone end up thumping Ray Wilkins from the crowd?)

Yes was an epic game with that little tosspot Scott McGleish giving it large and after the game Barry Hearn wanted us to get docked 3 points, I have never forgiven him for that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Went to Sheffield United sometime way back late 80's or very early 90's and saw us go 3-0 down, come back to be winning 3-4 and ended up losing 5-4.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
The magic of football !

For me personally, I was watching Worthing play Epsom and Ewell about the time of Barry Lloyd and Worthing were 3 down after about 35 minutes.... Epsom got a penalty 2 minutes before half time but it was ballooned over the crossbar. E & E jogged off slapping each other on the back laughing and joking while Worthing trudged off heads hung low in shame.

Needless to say, after a half time rocket, Worthing played out of their skins and slowly clawed back the deficit and scored the winner ( 4-3 ) in about the 94th minute. Now that WAS a game !

I was at that game. If I remember correctly (and I probably don't), it was still 0-3 or 1-3 with about 5 minutes to go. It was a great comeback.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
This is always difficult seen so many over the years, wins, draws and losses and enjoyed the memories. Chester 4-4 1965, Charlton lost 4-3, Sheff Utd Lost 5-4, Orient 4-4, Colchester 4-4, Coventry 3-3, Leeds 3-3 at the AMEX, York 2-2 at HF Time 7-2 at full time... the list goes on.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Deus Ex. Or maybe Mario Kart 64.

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
Brighton & Hove Albion 4 Leyton Orient 4.

That match was epic.

This one was good too though. Thanks for posting.
That was my first match, can't remember it at all though which is a shame. The best one I've seen since (although not a win for us) was last season at home to Arsenal, awesome game of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here