• Luke Friend will win the X Factor

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you believe in Karma ? What goes around comes around or are all lifes events chaos with no logic or explanation ?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Total chaos.

What's an "X factor"?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am in the total chaos school of thought. None of it makes any logical sense. Life is a random sequence of events with little or nothing reflected back with how you live it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
No,but I believe In deja vu this has been done before. Not that long ago either.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am in the total chaos school of thought. None of it makes any logical sense. Life is a random sequence of events with little or nothing reflected back with how you live it.

life isnt totally chaotic, and certianly theres a lot of order to events. you do something, there is a reaction and consequence, much of that is predictable within some degree of reason. thats not to say some systems are chaotic. chaos is probably more ordered than we think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Like to do one good deed on the grim commute to work every day if the opportunity arises, if only to preserve sanity and not be reduced to a complete snarling twitching commuter psycho. That's what the rat-packed trains reduce you to, if you let them.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
It's chaos in respect who you are born to, how you are brought up. This will clearly influence your adult life in hugely ranging measures but if you have physically and mentally survived that then you do have a level of say with what you do. For some things at least.

Of course lifestyle and genetics and chaos all have an impact on whether you die now, tomorrow, 90 years time.

There is no karma.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Yep. Only I don't think that it comes around in one lifetime. I see it more that people live the life that they choose to live before they incarnate. This, to me, is the only explanation for the totally miserable disease and starvation ridden existence of millions while others live in huge luxury and consider a bad haircut a total disaster.

Look at the teeming slums of India. The hardship and poverty are overwhelming and yet the people are, by and large, happy and smiling. The spiritual development forged by adversity of their lives is immeasurably more than that of someone who lives in pampered luxury but learns nothing of life. On death, the paupers life is of far more worthwhile ad their spirit soars all the more for having its burdens released. Just about all of the rich people I know are inclined to measure the worth of things by monetary value alone and, so, know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Yep. Only I don't think that it comes around in one lifetime. I see it more that people live the life that they choose to live before they incarnate. This, to me, is the only explanation for the totally miserable disease and starvation ridden existence of millions while others live in huge luxury and consider a bad haircut a total disaster.

Look at the teeming slums of India. The hardship and poverty are overwhelming and yet the people are, by and large, happy and smiling. The spiritual development forged by adversity of their lives is immeasurably more than that of someone who lives in pampered luxury but learns nothing of life. On death, the paupers life is of far more worthwhile ad their spirit soars all the more for having its burdens released. Just about all of the rich people I know are inclined to measure the worth of things by monetary value alone and, so, know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Be nice to think that but I think life is all about avoiding death and suffering for as long as possible.

I wish I was a creationist and not an evolutionist, but all this God thing just doesn't add up to me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

There is both regularity or necessity and contingency (total chaos, in your terminology) in the world. Put better, contingency inhabits regularity. Philosophically, I've been dealing with ontology -- the study of being -- thus far. But what you're also asking is how we understand the world. Philosophically, this is known as epistemology -- the study of knowledge. Given there is total chaos as you claim, or that total chaos -- contingency, in philosophical terms -- inhabits necessity -- laws of science, regularity, order, and so on -- in my terms, we need to put order on this world in order to understand it and deal with it. We do this through various forms of knowledge -- science, philosophy, and so on -- and also various mechanisms so that we can cope with life -- I have habits primarily in mind here.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
There is both regularity or necessity and contingency (total chaos, in your terminology) in the world. Put better, contingency inhabits regularity. Philosophically, I've been dealing with ontology -- the study of being -- thus far. But what you're also asking is how we understand the world. Philosophically, this is known as epistemology -- the study of knowledge. Given there is total chaos as you claim, or that total chaos -- contingency, in philosophical terms -- inhabits necessity -- laws of science, regularity, order, and so on -- in my terms, we need to put order on this world in order to understand it and deal with it. We do this through various forms of knowledge -- science, philosophy, and so on -- and also various mechanisms so that we can cope with life -- I have habits primarily in mind here.

Yup, but should Barnes start with Leo when both fit ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No, but I do believe in treating people how you would wish to be treated.

I throughly enjoyed Join Me by Danny Wallace. Not quite Shakespeare, but I like the premise of doing a good deed and hope it gets passed along.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

And now in English please.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Nah. That's all to do with power, money, wealth, influence, etc.

And this is far more to do with accepting power, money, wealth, etc. In other words, it says accept the difficult life that has been imposed on you -- and that there's nothing you can do about it, but salvation will come when you die.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Be nice to think that but I think life is all about avoiding death and suffering for as long as possible.

I wish I was a creationist and not an evolutionist, but all this God thing just doesn't add up to me.

Why are the two things mutually exclusive?

Just go with Bill Hicks.

"The headlines tonight. Today a young man on acid realised that we are all facets of a God who is experiencing himself subjectively, there is no death and all matter is just energy vibrating at different frequencies..now over to Bob with sports"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here