Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barker & Coppell to Portsmouth

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Portsmouth have appointed Richie Barker as their new manager, with Steve Coppell also arriving at the club in a director of football role.

The League Two club sacked previous boss Guy Whittingham on 25 November.

Barker and Coppell filled the same roles at Crawley Town, until the former was relieved of his job two days after Whittingham's dismissal by Pompey.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me. I'm very excited to be at this club with its great history," said Barker.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Shame
I really rate them both but I hate the cheating whingeing bullying scum that is PFC with a vengence

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They'll improve with those two there. I hate Pompey slightly less now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Going to the game there on Saturday, in the Newport end with Lord Bracknell, I'm hoping they don't improve before then.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Shame. Liked them two before. Makes it even weirder now that Crawley didn't hang on for compo.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A rare sensible move by Pompey.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Can't stand Pompey but i would actually like to see them back in the Championship so we can play them again. It's not fun when you play teams like Donny,Barnsley,Burnley etc who bring **** all supporters. Can't beat a packed away end for atmosphere.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Shame. Liked them two before. Makes it even weirder now that Crawley didn't hang on for compo.

This! Why the hell didn't they hang on for a week or two when Barker was favourite for the Pompey job!? Just doesn't make any business sense and smells a bit fishy - just can't work out why yet...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

No point-they knew they would never get paid. It is Portsmouth we're talking about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here